2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.8L V10 Clean & Well Maintained (Central PA)

Cove

Observer
2004 Ford Excursion Limited 6.8L V10.

A little history….I am the third owner. First owner was an older gentleman. He & his wife used it to travel and accumulated most of the miles. Always serviced at a Ford Dealership where the second owner, my wife's uncle bought it when it was traded in at said dealership. He & his wife took it on a few trips but mainly used it to haul the grandchildren to soccer & softball. I bought it with 176,000 miles on it & have been enjoying it ever since. I don't have to sell it but a recent & somewhat unexpected mountain condo purchase at our local ski resort most likely means less long distance travel in the near future & the sale will help with some renovations. It's the most useful & versatile vehicle I've owned & will be missed.

The Excursion currently has 187,500 miles on it and runs/drives great. At 170K it had new plugs installed (oem replacement Autolite APP103 Double Platinum) and a complete transmission & transfer case fluid change (done by P.O.)
Within the past year and 5000 miles I have replaced/added the following:
All new exhaust manifold studs, resurface manifolds & new gaskets (with receipts)
New front leaf springs from ATS Springs. They are a U code spring and rated at 2030 lbs. This resulted in a better stance and much better handling. New U-bolts were installed.
Factory F350 tapered rear spring blocks with new U-bolts.
305/70-17 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires on AR Baja wheels (4.5” BS, 0 offset) Wheels & tires literally have under 200 miles on them.
Slotted & cross drilled rotors, ceramic brake pads, reman calipers & D.O.T. braided steel brake hoses
Mile Marker manual locking hubs
Iron Cross winch bumper
Badland 12K winch with synthetic line & Warn hawse fairlead
AutoCraft Gold Battery
Belt & Tensioner
Bosch Alternator
New shocks
Drag link & Bilstein steering stabilizer
Front end alignment
2007 F250 grille

Roof rack is an older Thule basket with 3 Thule load bars. The mounts are Thule Podium Foot Pack 460. I bought the mounts shortly after buying the Excursion.
Both interior and exterior are in very good condition for a 2004. Only minor wear, scratches and a couple dings on the outside as expected from normal use. Minimal surface rust underneath in spots but absolutely no structural rust issues. Very clean for a PA vehicle. The previous owner & myself always kept the Excursion clean & garaged. The driver seat shows normal wear but no damage. The rest of the seats are very nice, third row like new (not shown but included). I have 2 Husky full length cargo mats. One with cut outs for the third row seat mounts & one without (shown in pic). I rarely used or installed the third row. A satellite radio unit is also installed. The A/C & heat work as they should as well as the CD & DVD player.

The original wheels, grille, front bumper, vacuum activated auto locking hubs & side steps are included in the sale.

This has been a great vehicle and definitely one that was on my bucket list. I was hoping to do more traveling with it but with 2 young kiddos and 2 other vehicles (and now the condo) it's not going to make it to the top of the to-do list.

Asking Price is $9,800.00. Ask questions & come take a look. You won't be disappointed.

DSCN3330.jpg
ex_cover.jpg
DSCN3334.jpg
DSCN3337.jpg
DSCN3339.jpg
DSCN3338.jpg
DSCN3343.jpg
DSCN3346.jpg

Last edited:

Cove

Observer
Bump. More pics & info upon request. Price is negotiable. I'd much rather see it sold to someone in this group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk