2007 C4500 4x4 Box Truck

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Nice find! I am surprised that they did not show the interior of the box, lots of good stuff there.

used-2007-chevrolet-c4500_box_truck_rare_four_wheel_drive-readyforworklowmiles-6533-21112947-3...jpg

used-2007-chevrolet-c4500_box_truck_rare_four_wheel_drive-readyforworklowmiles-6533-21112947-3...jpg

Looks like it was a State of Vermont emergency services truck and sold at auction back in November
auction.jpg

2auction.jpg

And even an 8.1 liter Vortec gasser!
The dealer's listing for $44,995

baggio95

nice find. interesting that it's listed in Buffalo craigslist but the dealer is in the opposite end of the state in Long Island

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Nice. Clean. Very workable floor plan. I think most people are gonna shy away from the gasser engine…?

baggio95

They have it on Craigslist in Chicago and Rochester also.

Interesting. A bit of a mark up considering they paid under $20k for it and didn't put new rubber on or likely address the roof leak listed at auction.

Mog, how do you like the 8.1L engine? What kind of MPGs are you getting on yours?

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Interesting. A bit of a mark up considering they paid under $20k for it and didn't put new rubber on or likely address the roof leak listed at auction.

Mog, how do you like the 8.1L engine? What kind of MPGs are you getting on yours?
I kind of hated to post the auction link showing $17,600 as that was a crazy low, never will you see such a price in the real world. But that is how the dealers stay in business by finding or having access to deals we mortals can't find or get. The Ambo HERE sold for $43k, so I don't think this dealer's price is out of line especially with under 40k miles (no relation to them or the truck). It was probably well maintained being an emergency service truck (until they decided to remove it from the books). Add some windows and start adventuring.

I love the 8.1 gassers. I have nothing against diesels, BUT after filling my MB1017 on a trip where diesel was a buck a gallon more than gas, I figured I was not saving anything with the 'improved' mileage of the diesel. Also, all my 'toys' (ATVs, SbS, Motos) I take along are gas, so the ability to have only one fuel type is great. And mine is a 2009, so it would have had all the emissions cr*p added to the post-2007 Kodiak diesels. Even a little thing I had not thought of as 96% of the gas stations in my area have diesel, but I was up in Portland at a friend's house and need to fuel before a trip in the MB1017 and it was a 30-minute hunt to find a station with diesel.

MPG, well when I bought the truck up in Northern Oregon and drove home there was a crazy heavy rainstorm, so no one was on I5 but me. I was happy driving along at an indicated 60-65 mph (speed limit is 65-70) and was happy until the first gas stop. Notepad calculations said I was getting 5 mpg (what the heck, I must have made a mistake?). So off I went at the 60-65 mph home. Weeeellllll, I had not figured the error my 42"s were adding and I had been driving 78-85 mph, sometimes hitting 90 mph :oops: So at 78 to 90 mph only 5 mpg! But driving with a mix of city and highway about 9-10 (after having a Fuso FG and the MB1017 I am kind of heavy on the throttle as I finally have some power and it is nice), and highway only about 12mpg. Maybe a diesel Kodiak guy or two can chime in, but I think the diesels get about 25-30% better MPG?

baggio95

I kind of hated to post the auction link showing $17,600 as that was a crazy low, never will you see such a price in the real world. But that is how the dealers stay in business by finding or having access to deals we mortals can't find or get. The Ambo HERE sold for $43k, so I don't think this dealer's price is out of line especially with under 40k miles (no relation to them or the truck). It was probably well maintained being an emergency service truck (until they decided to remove it from the books). Add some windows and start adventuring.

I love the 8.1 gassers. I have nothing against diesels, BUT after filling my MB1017 on a trip where diesel was a buck a gallon more than gas, I figured I was not saving anything with the 'improved' mileage of the diesel. Also, all my 'toys' (ATVs, SbS, Motos) I take along are gas, so the ability to have only one fuel type is great. And mine is a 2009, so it would have had all the emissions cr*p added to the post-2007 Kodiak diesels. Even a little thing I had not thought of as 96% of the gas stations in my area have diesel, but I was up in Portland at a friend's house and need to fuel before a trip in the MB1017 and it was a 30-minute hunt to find a station with diesel.

MPG, well when I bought the truck up in Northern Oregon and drove home there was a crazy heavy rainstorm, so no one was on I5 but me. I was happy driving along at an indicated 60-65 mph (speed limit is 65-70) and was happy until the first gas stop. Notepad calculations said I was getting 5 mpg (what the heck, I must have made a mistake?). So off I went at the 60-65 mph home. Weeeellllll, I had not figured the error my 42"s were adding and I had been driving 78-85 mph, sometimes hitting 90 mph :oops: So at 78 to 90 mph only 5 mpg! But driving with a mix of city and highway about 9-10 (after having a Fuso FG and the MB1017 I am kind of heavy on the throttle as I finally have some power and it is nice), and highway only about 12mpg. Maybe a diesel Kodiak guy or two can chime in, but I think the diesels get about 25-30% better MPG?

Thanks Mog, appreciate the input. I don't know anything about the 8.1L other than Uhaul used it in there big trucks for years.

I currently have a C4500 RWD 6.6L ambulance. I'm always on the lookout for 4WD given that I'm up in the Rockies. Sometimes the chains and limited slip don't quite cut it for me. Yeah, the regen on the '07+ 6.6L is a bit of a pain when you aren't able to keep highway speed. I regularly climb and descend several thousand feet so was just curious how you liked the gasser and an idea of average mpgs. My mpgs aren't much better but I'll chalk that up as my regular driving in the mountains. I'll see what I calculate when I head East.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach