2008 diesel land cruiser for sale?!?

dm88

Ok so this morning I was driving to the gym and saw a brand new 70 series truck on the road with fl tags (I live in Florida) so then I got home and started researching how this was possible and cam e across the following Craigslist ad.

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4976614088.html

How is this happening? I've been looking into importing these things for a while and came up with no viable solutions. And now this? My mind blown 2 times in one morning?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
There's nothing in that CL ad that indicates that's a diesel (aside from the text). I think its a scam.

As far as the new 70 series, there are a few loopholes that could have it being temporarily imported, or it could just be someone breaking the law.

The article does say it has the 4.5L diesel, but since that motor was never federalized, he's either lying or its an illegal vehicle. Conveniently, there are no pictures of the engine to prove it one way or the other. I would defer to it being an illegal import best case, and worst case an outright scam.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Good grief, sounds like same BS vehicle/ad discussed beyond sense on IH8MUD.
-
What about the photo of the AHC system...? I didn't think LC 200 in USA ever had that option.

Last edited:

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
Since the add is here in Florida I spoke with the guy and he said that the LC is from England and is registered and titled in Florida. Said its a diesel and that its spoken for with a deposit. Sounds as if he moved state side and registered it in Florida, but who knows with out actually seeing the vehicle first hand with the paper work.

haven

Expedition Leader
The steering wheel is on the left side, so the vehicle was not built for sale in UK. If the vehicle was registered in the UK, the headlights would be changed to ones appropriate for driving on the left side of the road. Could be expensive to change back. Or maybe they kept the originals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz