2012 toyota tacoma still under extended warranty

burt

Observer
I bought this tacoma new in 2012 with plans to keep it stock and simple for lowest maintenance and ultimate reliability. I chose the manual trans, 4 cyl reg cab because it was the only new real 4x4 that still seemed nimble to me. On the new purchase the dealership offered me an extended bumper to bumper transferable warranty for up to 8 years or 100k miles. I took the max but in retrospect they got a pretty good deal since i really doubt anything will go wrong in that time or milage with a 4 banger tacoma but hopefully it will be peace of mind for the buyer. Didn't take long before the inevitable modification bug hit so I started accumulating parts for a under the radar overlander. First I ordered the are mx shell with screened slider windoors on both sides, front window folds in, interior lights and yakima tracks. I put Corbeu baja rs seats in instead of the bench and built out the cab with handy cubbies and cup holders that could be easily reached while driving. I then built it out with a sleeping platform with cargo managment that has worked out very well for camping and daily driver duties. I put a scangage in and hardwired a garmon montana gps mount in that is pretty sweet. The goal with the build was to not stand out as a modded rig but have all the capabilities of one so instead of the winch bumper route I built a very stout reciever hitch that nestles in the stock bumper that isn't really noticeable but will still protect the essentials if it hits something. It has the standard anderson plug wired in for a winch reciever cradle (I use a warn 9.5ti with synthetic line). Winch is not for sale because I would just need to buy another one immediatly. I made a power distribution center with a blue sea fuse block with a nice plate to bolt relays and whatnot to that serves an outlet run to the bed I used for my engle fridge and charging stuff while camping. Next i built a rack with a solar panel and my awning on it which was pretty darn sweet to adventure out of. Rack and solar aren't for sale unless buyer is really motivated and awning I can't let go of. I wanted on board air and have been a big air locker fan forever so started going big down that path thinking about gears while i was at it and settled on 4.88. I never pulled the trigger on the differential work but got the air all dialed with an air chuck for tire inflation. I found a whole icon suspension system on craigslist that was barely used also that i intended to send to icon for custom tuning as soon as i got all the weights figured out. About that time I went nuts building a first gen cummins truck with a four wheel camper and started using the taco more as a grocery getter from then on. While I was building the cummins I did switch the camper back and forth between the taco and it so I also have the taco four wheel camper mount brackets that are stout pieces that could probably be handy for all kinds of build plans. I also put an add a leaf in the rear and bilstien shocks to level it out with the camper. It handles a four wheel camper fleet (Not for sale)
IMG_0114[1].JPG
very nicely and was always very nimble around towns and trails. Has a trailer hitch that i have used quite a bit pulling a small enclosed trailer around which i will miss greatly as it does it very well and is very agile at getting into tight spot around town. I know Ive written a novel here so I will get onto stats and pictures. It has 35k miles and is located in Eureka, California and im selling all the items listed for $18k.

Included but never installed:
Brand new in box arb air lockers front and rear
Nitro gears 4.88 gear sets with master install kits (new in box)
Icon suspension system all 4 corners (used)

Included but not installed now:
Four wheel campers tacoma brackets
hardly used stock bench seat
stock mud flaps
cooper at3 tires 265/75/16 not new but lots of tread (only if you want them)
All the stock misc stuff I didnt want in there

Included and installed:
arb air compressor with air chuck
arb compressor switch and locker switches wired in
Are mx shell with windoors color matched
Cargo management and sleeping platform system.
Aux power distribution block (blue sea)
Trailer brake controller (never wired in)
Add a leaf with bilsteins in the rear
trailer hitch
front reciever with anderson plug for winch
corbeu baja rs seats with taco brackets (you can swap in any corbeu seat super easy)
IMG_0120[1].JPG
IMG_0122[1].JPG
IMG_0123[1].JPG
IMG_0109[1].JPG
IMG_0132[1].JPG
IMG_0133[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0134[1].JPG
    IMG_0134[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 569
  • IMG_0135[1].JPG
    IMG_0135[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 584
  • IMG_0117[1].JPG
    IMG_0117[1].JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 662

burt

Observer
I know the back looks a little ratty but its painted ply so easy to repaint. I just didn't want to put much time into it if the new owner was just going to gut it. Truck is professionally detailed inside and out including under the hood as of today (07/25).

burt

Observer
Also I’m trying to sell everything together first on the portal because it’s where I get the most motivation so I think it would serve someone on here perfectly. If I don’t get any takers though I will put it up locally and be more open to selling off the accessories separately so if you want something hit me up to get dibs. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3