2016 Ford Bronco

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I gotta say I am excited to see these...if/when the come out. I love the SVT.

Anyone have info on release or price? I see end of 2015 for the 2016 models, but, I also see articles saying its a hoax. I remember the article 4wheeler did only to end it with a "haha, jk, its April fools"

Anyone else planning on buying either the Bronco SVT or Atlas Concept? I think they both look pretty sweet and I like all the engine options.

4x4junkie

Explorer
There's already been a couple threads on this...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/124615-2016-Ford-Bronco?highlight=bronco
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/124571-2016-Ford-SVT-Bronco?highlight=bronco

I'm still on the fence if I'd actually buy one even if it did come true... It's a bit big, I'd like to see something closer to the size of the Bronco II or the old 1st-gen Bronco... (something that can honestly compete head-to-head against the Jeep Wrangler) Ford could even use the same chassis to bring back the Ranger pickup as well. Seems all that is is just more dreaming though. :(

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
You guys know that absolutely zero of this information was propagated by Ford? There is no 2016 Bronco "concept".

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
sigh. this happens every couple years when the SD gets a face lift, it'd be made on the F150 chassis if it were made at all.

but why would they make it? the full-size ladder framed gas guzzling SUV is a dying breed.

lbarcher

Adventurer
I've been waiting for a long time and I've seen every iteration of the concept. I don't think a new Bronco is much more likely than a new ramcharger.

RoyJ

Adventurer
the full-size ladder framed gas guzzling SUV is a dying breed.

And the 2 door, full-size ladder framed gas guzzling SUV is a dead breed!

That's what happens when the market never had a real demand for SUVs in the first place. It was a simple 90's fad. If our terrain, and way of living actually called for cross country capable utility vehicles, then we'd still see around, regardless of fuel prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven