2019 Sprinter 4x4 Diesel Fully Built - $69,999.00

gluceth

Van is back in Salt Lake, stored indoors, for the foreseeable future. Extensive details and photos below and via the google photos links.

VIDEOS: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dNFqZLeYLcWQQZCm9
Lot of photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/SW1RGSoB7zFKcPC18
Lots more build photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JPUUKuhZcRh7v37A6

Message here or call/text - Two Four Eight - 721 - 358 Eight

Generally, I built this with an eye toward stealth, the largest bed possible (I'm very tall), the largest sink possible, and sustainability off-grid. I spared no expense, and the build remains solid after years of enjoyment. I've gone out of my way to highlight known issues. Trying to be the kind of person I'd want to buy a rig from.

I have this priced very competitively, so even if you wanted to make changes/additions, you'd still come out ahead from similar vans I've seen. If you can find a better one for the price, you should buy it. I'm just not using it much anymore, and can't justify keeping it on the books.

PXL_20201029_150311952.jpg

2019 Freightliner badged Mercedes Sprinter. Purchased new at Werner Vans outside Salt Lake City. The van is paid off. Exhaustive details below.
$69,999.00; will entertain offers.

The van was more than $60,000 and I easily put another $30,000 into it in parts. Full build cost was about $90k, before labor. It would cost more to build a comparable van now.

Carfax report, purchase sheet, and service records to the photos link. I also have 4 keys, but one is missing the physical key portion (i'll try to find that, too, but the fob works fine without it).

Van specs: 144" Diesel, 4X4, 2500. Miles: 42,XXX. All recommended service done at recommended intervals by Mercedes/Freightliner dealers.
Offered with 5 year/100k mile extended limited warranty (beginning 2/24/2020, photo provided). Transferable, per dealer.

Suspension - Vancompass stage 4 suspension, installed by CampFyre vans in Reno. Adjustable rear shocks and added leaf. Not lifted, but ride height increases roughly 2 inches with this kit. Plus the 16 inch steel wheels wrapped in BFG K02 LT265/75/R16 tires add a bit more clearance over stock. These are the largest tires that fit without any modifications/trimming. I'll include the (unused) tire chains pictured.

Electrical- Bundle purchased from AM Solar, including wiring diagram. I installed this. Includes 4 x 100 amp-hour Battleborn Lithium-ion batteries, 3000 watt Victron inverter, alternator charging, shore power plug-in. Outlets include fast-charging USB-C (these were like $60 each). No solar is included, but i did run a wire to the ceiling in the event I wanted to add it.

Without turning the van on at all you can get about 5 days of electricity out of the batteries (set to shut off at 20%, for battery health) with normal use.

Refrigerator - Nova Kool R5810 5.8 CU FT AC/DC marine refrigerator with Freezer, wired to run on DC. Freezer gets cold enough for ice. And actually the refrigerater does, too, if you turn it cold enough. Lots of space.
Propex propane heater installed under the passenger seat.
Manchester 6814 7.9 gallon RV propane tank mounted outside under the driver's side. Doesn't compromise ground clearance. Though you are encouraged to use the valve shield, included.
2-burner propane stove.
MaxxAir deluxe fan mounted near the center of the fan with remote.

Wood throughout is baltic birch plywood. Covered with clear varnish in the "garage" area under the bed and anywhere else exposed (inside cupboards and the like). Wrapped in thin foam and then covered in fabric in the living area. Some framing is pine on the cabinets. Countertop is sealed maple butcher block.

Passenger seat has a Scopema swivel from Agile OffRoad. This rubbed when purchased (designed incorrectly for the '19+ vans) so I had to trim tabs off. Works as intended now.
Lagun swivel table mount

Quest Overland custom magnetic window covers for all windows and fan. Includes a fold down upper on driver and passenger windows revealing a screen. Sliding door window cover also includes lower flaps if you want to change that window out to an aftermarket one that opens.

20 gallon water tank, attached to 12V water pump and diffuser.

Bed is a king size memory foam mattress, trimmed to fit. I'm very tall, so I made it as large as I could justify. It is wider than a Queen, but also shorter (queen and king are same length). See photos for rough measurements.

Thinsulate insulation in walls and ceiling, and in headliner at the front.
Nico brand sound deadening on walls and ceiling, in addition to some that comes stock.
Minicell insulation in the floor- strips cut to fill the ridges, then a solid sheet over that. Covered by the wooden Mercedes OEM floor, covered in a sheet of linoleum. The idea with linoleum being I have a solid impermeable floor surface front to back.

Drawer slides in the "garage" under the bed are 265 lb load capacity slides on the top two, and a 485 lb capacity slide on the bottom (per the info when I bought them).

You can have the square cast iron (it fits well on the far burner). And i'll throw in some other misc. things I have.

Known issues: I'll try to be as transparent as possible with problems i'm aware of. Photos reflect rock chips and the like. "Trail rash" from trees/brush and things on the paint, running the length of the van. I had the exterior professionally detailed with paint correction, but some lines remain, only visible at the right angle. It is white, so hides it fairly well. Dents on the sliding door at the top (from branches). I backed into a pole at a campground (thought I was tall enough) and it broke the rear driver side reflector and pushed in the bumper a bit (pictured). Certainly going less than 5 MPH when I hit that. I pushed that out so just rippled a bit now. Rear passenger mounting point for the passenger side aftermarket shock sheared off at the axle. I suspect the tire installers used it as a jack point, damaged it, and it eventually broke loose. No one took responsibility, naturally. I had a new bracket manufactured and professionally installed. The workmanship is exceptional. That happened at least 20k miles ago, and it remains sound. That shock has a small dent as a result, but has not been problematic. Interior overhead lights are attached to a dimmer, but they only work at full power (you can move the dimmer switch but they stay on full). Backsplash is stone, and it began to discolor from oil the first time cooking (pictured). All living area drawers are soft-close except the bottom one next to the refrigerator. Just could never get it to work properly and gave up. Normal wear and tear otherwise.

Thanks,
Garrett

Attachments

• PXL_20230822_144105914.jpg
    PXL_20230822_144105914.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,374
  • PXL_20230915_211105912.jpg
    PXL_20230915_211105912.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,351
  • IMG_20200729_071306.jpg
    IMG_20200729_071306.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 350
  • PXL_20201222_143842133-EFFECTS.jpg
    PXL_20201222_143842133-EFFECTS.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Willsfree

What is the height from floor to bottom of bed framing and depth of garage under bed? Could two bicycles fit in garage with a bit of modification?

gluceth

What is the height from floor to bottom of bed framing and depth of garage under bed? Could two bicycles fit in garage with a bit of modification?
Check the google photos gallery - there is a photo of what you're looking for. 34 inches high to the bottom of the cross member under the bed, but those are spaced, and there is actually about 3 more inches clearance above that. I'm 6'8 and i built it so my very large bike could fit under there (with the front tire removed). I don't see a problem getting two bikes in there, and I don't think it would require modification. I could try to put two in there if you need to see that, but i'd have to find another bike. It is about 69" deep (also pictured).

gluceth

Location update - Salt Lake City. Mileage and ad updated also. Shoot me a message and let's talk about your new rig. Also added some photos and a video to the google folder. I drove this from Michigan to San Fransisco and back to Salt lake over the last roughly 6 weeks. Everything works as intended, and I'm sorry as ever to see her go.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I really appreciate the stealthiness of your build. Do have one question about the suspension. Doesn't the Van Compass level 4 suspension include the Baja Brackets? If so, why did the shock mount break?

gluceth

I really appreciate the stealthiness of your build. Do have one question about the suspension. Doesn't the Van Compass level 4 suspension include the Baja Brackets? If so, why did the shock mount break?
Hey, not sure how I missed this. Apologies. I'm not sure about the Baja brackets - maybe that's on the latest version? Mine is several years old at this point. No one ever adequately explained the failure. Could have even been a manufacturing defect. But the fix was done by a well known and respected fabricator and welder in salt lake. Repaired in December of 2020, so the repair has lasted longer than the original part already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl