2022 Frontier Pro-4x with Go Fast Camper and HATCO Overland camper trailer - $34k (reduced)

RLS-MT

Hello all,

I am selling my overland setup due to needing more space for my growing family.

First a bit about me and why I chose this setup. I am from Montana and grew up outdoors, for me camping means getting as far away from civilization as possible, which I why I am into overlanding. I think it's hilarious that it is now a 'trendy' term, out here in Montana we have been using our vehicles to camp out and cross the wide open spaces as long as I can remember. Its a way of life by necessity due to the low population, endless national forest area, and ubiquitus poorly-maintained dirt road. I chose this setup for the ability to be agile/fuel efficent and fit through most tight trails with the Frontier/GFC combo. The HATCO camper is a great addition when needing to sleep more people or going somehere cold. The kitchen also adds great support/convenience for longer trips. Its helpful to be able to leave the camper in camp and use the truck to go exploring as well. The Hatco fits within the profile of the truck, so the camper does not create additional wind drag when on the highway, it falls effiecently into place behind the slip stream of the truck.

The Truck:
I chose to go with the 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x (5ft bed) for several reasons. I have owned both the 2010 Xterra Off-Road (manual), and the 2017 Frontier Pro-4x. I have had great experiences with both Nissans and taken them places most would only dare to take a SxS. I like the 2022 model of the Frontier becuase it still offers a naturally aspirated V6 that puts out a respectable 310hp. It is well matched with the 8spd auto and I have never had an issue with power, even when towing the camper up steep 4x4 trails. The pro-4x model is well suited for overlanding, adding an electronic locker and skid plates. The surround view camera system has also been very helpful, when in 4lo, it includes an overall surround view as well as a close-up of the passenger side tire, which makes it possible to cross most obstacles without needing a spotter. I found this truck to be a refreshingly simple and straightforward rig without much to go wrong. It does include the technology package from the factory and has a number of upgrades such as apple car play/android auto, Nav, adaptive cruise, wireless phone charging, heated seats, 400Amp bed mounted AC plug, and remote start.

I added the following overland specific upgrades to the truck, all professionally installed:
-Koni 2" extended coilover suspension lift kit, (All Dogs Off-road)
-'Broverland' rear leaf pack to support the weight of the GFC, (All Dogs Off-road)
-Rotary Forged 'Stadium' wheels from Black Rhino in bronze
-The diff breather mod, (exends the diff breather up in to the bed of the truck where it can't get clogged)
-Falken Wildpeak At3w tires with approx 15k miles on them
-Front window tint, matches rear factory tint

This truck has been on some adventures. It has 85,000 miles on it, it does show its use as an adventure vehicle, there are two small scratches on the passenger side, one on the rear quarter panel, and another on the passenger side door. There is also a small quarter sized dent under the driver side tail light. The truck functions perfectly and has been meticulously maintained, with all records available.

The Go Fast Camper (V2)
I chose the GFC because I need to be able to use my truck for other tasks when I am not adventuring. The abilty to open the side panels and acess the bed is huge, I also appreciate how light-weight it is (250 lbs) which keeps most of the truck's payload available for gear. Also, the GFC is made in Belgrade MT, very close to where I grew up. So it was natural for me to support the local option. I have loved having the GFC and have spent well over 100 nights in it. It is really amazing to be able to pop the top and have a comfortable place to sleep pretty much any time. I chose not the do a truck-bed build-out in the GFC in order to keep as much space available for gear as possible, so it will be a clean slate for the new owner. The GFC is in great shape, it had the entire tent replaced under warranty in Fall 2023 due to some limited delamination issues that GFC dealt with during the time mine was produced.

I have the following upgrades added to the GFC:
-2 Beefracks - (GFC built roofrack/cross rails)
-I opted for the two tent openings with screens on either side of the camper
-I added a front and rear glass window so you can see out the back via the rear view mirror
-Custom built brackets by GFC that attach the camper to the stock 'utilitrack' system that comes stock in the back of the truck.
-I added an LED strip light kit made for the GFC. (includes lights both in the bed area, and up above in the tent, both on their own switch, red mode, and dimmable)

Go Fast website:

The HATCO (2021 High Altitude Trailer XT50)
I chose this camper because of its 4-season capabilty and its ability to follow the truck anywhere, and the fact that its profle fits perfectly behind the Fontier/GFC for both clearance, and gas mileage reaons. It has an outer compostite shell with 2" of polystyrene insulation. (R10) I have never had a cold night in this camper even in Montana winters. This camper would come along on adventures when we needed additional sleeping capacity, a warm place to sleep in winter, or longer trips where we needed more storage and access to the kitchen. It has less than 10,000 miles on it and has only been one major overland trip to Canyondland's White Rim Trail in spring 2023. (see pictures)

Includes the overland package:
-Timbren off road suspension
-lock and roll hitch
-Bighorn Maxxis tires, (including full size spare on rear swing out)
-Frontrunner roof rack
-diesel heater and rotopax mount with additional diesel tank
-100w solar panel, 30 amp charge controller, and Bluetooth controlled LiFeP04 lithium battery
-camp shower with pump
-dometic CFX refrigerator
-Interior Cabinetry and headboard (maple)

Additional items added:
-OVS 270 degree awning
-OVS fold out shower enclosure
-Frontrunner 6 gal potable water tank.
-Fold out TV hidden inside interior cabinet

Good condition. This is a WARM 4 season camper with the insulated enclosure and the diesel heater. It is tough and built to go off road. Needs new solar charge controller. Diesel tank supply hose has a minor leak that needs to be fixed.

Camper manufacturer website:

CL link:

Pricing:

Truck Only for 34k
GFC only for $7.5k
Truck/GFC for $41k
Hatco Camper for $25k

IMG-7076.jpg
unnamed.jpg
IMG-6960.jpg
IMG-6942.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-6941.jpg
    IMG-6941.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 320
  • IMG-7003.jpg
    IMG-7003.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 337
Last edited:

RLS-MT

Reduced again. Somebody buy this! It a great setup. The new frontier is a modern midsize without the 4cyl turbo B.S. in the new tacoma!

CamReal

Hey I’m interested in buying the GFC off of ya! Just bought a 22 frontier myself so I’m not in need of the truck. Would you be willing to make a deal on it? I’d have to drive to you from Denver to pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven