2022 Turtleback Expedition T3 - reduced to $28k - the best TB available!

DebbieM

Loaded with top options and like new. The *best* Expedition for sale due to design upgrades that started mid-2022. Made in Chandler, AZ. Cost $52,000 plus tax. Reduced to $28k - someone will walk away with this deal...
TB Experience.png

Pix shows fun escape -- Jeeps, Forerunners, Tundras, etc -- so much capability and total quality build:
Older TB.png

Great video of Turtleback overlanding:

SOME SPECS:

ELECTRICAL: Dual lithium ion batteries, Redarc Manager 30, dual Zamp 100W solar panels, 2000w Xantrex inverter, has the new electrical panel layout, set-up for DC-DC charging underway via Anderson connector, lots of USB-A and USB-C ports, forward & aft 110V outlets, Rigid LED lights and Turtle lights all around.

HITCH & SUSPENSION: Cruisemaster DO35, version 3+ hitch with handbrake and ARC wheel jack, Icon suspension and the new version integrated electric brakes, corner steadies in the back.

Much more... Plenty of water, hot showers, mega-power/solar, propane, cooking, instant-up tent, frig slide, etc... Illness/injury of older owners forces sale. Currently stored in Boise, ID. Approx 3500 miles, no off-road use except dirt road to a campground. Always stored in enclosed RV storage.

sFrontView.jpg

sRearView.jpg

sShocks.jpg

sCoupling2.jpg

sGalley.jpg

sFrigSlide.jpg

Attachments

• sOut Camping.jpg
    sOut Camping.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 465
Last edited:

DebbieM

Had a couple questions about the electrical-power design and control. This is the most modern, slickest system out there. There's a reason TBs are the best Offroad trailers and the Expedition model is the top-of-the line as far as features. Here are some additional photos and explanation for the electrical set-up:

Batteries Redarc Invertor.jpg

You can charge the TB three ways:

1) AC plug to a wall outlet at home or a power stanchion at a trailer park or campground.

2) DC-to-DC via an Anderson connector on your tow vehicle - super nice way to charge while you're enroute.

3) Solar input from 2 Zamp 100W folding panels with long cords that you can place around your camp in the sun -- this MORE than keeps enough charge for your electrical needs. We run the electric frig, electric kettle, and Starlink. (The water heater is propane).

Zamp Solar Input.jpg

The charging for all three inputs (AC, DC, Solar) is fully handled by the Redarc Manager 30. The controller box is mounted in the nosebox along with the two lithium batteries and the 2000W Xantrex inverter. The Redarc monitor display is mounted in the control panel on the port side (driver's side). In addition to handling the 3 types of charging, the Redarc monitors the state of charge and shows you battery percentage, input charge rates, and output charge rates. It has some other useful functions too.

Power Control Panel.jpg

Also mounted on the control panel is the display/controller for the Xantrex 2000W inverter. The master power control for the trailer is there (the large red dial). The breakers/on-off switches for lights, water pump, propane safety control, USB outlets, etc are mounted there also. There is also a little red toggle switch that is the on/off for the propane water heater (which stores an additional 6 gal of water). BTW, in the camping environment, these propane heaters are far superior to tankless water heaters... campers end-up wasting tremendous amounts of water with tankless because the water goes from hot to cold the minute you turn it off to soap-up and then back on to rinse.

Connections to your tow vehicle: Standard 7-pin connector for brakes, turn signals (BTW, TB trailers from mid-2022 on have enhanced electrical braking). NOTE: some people try to charge trailer batteries with this 7-pin but just don't do it! It creates a tremendous fire hazard. Also, you can't pull enough juice to charge lithium batteries this way. What you use is the DC-to-DC charging via the red Anderson connector. The trailer was factory-wired with this connector, and you just have to install the tow vehicle side -- 6 gauge wire with a 30 amp fuse from your battery. Zip-tie the cable under your tow vehicle chassis. About $100 worth of parts and 3-4 hours labor for a person with basic mechanical sense.

Anderson and 7-pin.jpg

AndersonToTruck.jpg

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

DebbieM

Had some questions about the tent, awnings, and their operation.

It is the Bush Company TX27 Max Hardshell. It is the sweetest, easiest tent imaginable! And it is durable! It withstands heavy winds and rain.

https://thebushcompanyusa.com/product/tx27-max-hardshell-rooftop-tent/

We set this up for rear entry into the tent where the opening is the largest. (My husband is 6'5" tall). We also did this because we wanted to mount awnings on both sides (you never know how you're going to find yourself oriented at camp, and the sun moves during the day, right?)

Attached to the tent are two 180 deg awnings. Bush Company 180 XT Max. The awnings are high enough that my 6'5" husband can stand under them. These awnings are as awesome as the tent is! They're strong and easy to deploy & stow. You only have to stake them out in strong wind. We also found it was useful to stake them in rain so you can divert the rain the direction of your choosing. There is NO rain leakage between the awning and the trailer.

https://thebushcompanyusa.com/product/180-xt-max-awning/

Thanks

DebbieM

Here's a video from the Bush Company about the tent construction and operation - it's rock solid in the wind and totally waterproof - excellent engineering:

gabrielef

Here's a video from the Bush Company about the tent construction and operation - it's rock solid in the wind and totally waterproof - excellent engineering:

Is that the Black Series Max tent on your trailer? The video is of the TX27 tent, which is the newer version. There’s some key upgrades and features that are in the TX27 vs the Black Series Max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DebbieM

You have a good eye . The tent is the prior version from Fall 2022, which is still a very new model tent. I don't know what the differences are that you mention, although I can tell that the locking clamps appear to be different. Otherwise, they look and operate exactly the same. Personally, I believe the ones on the prior version locking mechanisms are superior. You gotta be careful with what's called an "upgrade.." Very often, it's just a cheaper way to manufacture something. Bush Company had difficulties in South Africa with their manufacturing and mostly with their cost - these tents are total quality, but due to the expensive cost, they struggle to find a good market. You get what you pay for!

DebbieM

Here's a picture of the Turtleback with tent and one awning up. There are awnings on both sides - the sun moves and you can't always select the optimal camping spot. The tent opens itself, and the awnings are so sturdy that they only require staking in extreme wind.

IMG_9809.jpeg

gabrielef

You have a good eye . The tent is the prior version from Fall 2022, which is still a very new model tent. I don't know what the differences are that you mention, although I can tell that the locking clamps appear to be different. Otherwise, they look and operate exactly the same. Personally, I believe the ones on the prior version locking mechanisms are superior. You gotta be careful with what's called an "upgrade.." Very often, it's just a cheaper way to manufacture something. Bush Company had difficulties in South Africa with their manufacturing and mostly with their cost - these tents are total quality, but due to the expensive cost, they struggle to find a good market. You get what you pay for!

They added t-slots to the upper and lower halves, they added an awning over the front window, added outlets for charging etc, the openings have an extra layer I believe, and they solved a leaking problem due to a manufacturing process.

I have two Bush Co tents and I love them. I have the Black Series max like your trailer, and I have the AX27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete