2024 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe

Spencer for Hire

Nothing new to add in terms of upgrades or recent pics but we will be racking up another six or more nights in the trailer this month as I plan to take it to Arkansas here in a few weeks and a local state park with the misses next weekend. So far we absolutely love the thing with only a few caveats.
What are the caveats? Thank You

Tex68w

Beach Bum
What are the caveats? Thank You

Head room in the bathroom is tight, but we knew that going in. Due to the lack of slide outs you must learn to work around one another if standing at the same time as space is limited in the narrow walkway. I am not the biggest fan of the hardware and material they chose to use for the cabinets but it works and should we keep in long term I have some ideas on how to improve upon that. Like I said, minor complaints.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Due to the lack of slide outs you must learn to work around one another if standing at the same time as space is limited in the narrow walkway.
Due to the stories I read about slide outs, I purposely avoided them when we got out first hardwall.

But, with 4 people and a dog in there, the limited standing space and having to get around one another led us to getting a slide on our 2nd trailer.

Although now for the most part it's just the two of us heading out now.

1st trailer:

1.jpg

2nd trailer:

(Just noticed for the 1st time in pic below, the dog is seated at the table waiting to be fed..... :ROFLMAO:)

NS1.jpg

NS2.jpg

NS3.jpg

And since it's usually just the two of us, we went with a couples trailer with a big rear bathroom.

If the our 2 kiddos or our youngest and our niece come with us, the couch pulls out into a bed.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Arkansas

kpGiPum.jpg

W9wNtsk.jpg

3sbFUA4.jpg

9lSkBDB.jpg

7XQzG05.jpg

Last edited:

redfishnc

I have owned two Casitas. I love what you get considering little new technology has been incorporated. First is the battery box. Will fit one group 27 with no room remaining. I installed a 200ah LiPo under the bed. I replaced the failed Dometic fridge with a pure 12V fridge. I can run the fridge and lights for over a week without solar panels being connected. The rear frame should be modded to accept bike racks, this is a little trailer we are talking about. I want a deeper sink and it is next on the list. I am removing the bathroom sink that never gets used, rerouting the water lines for an outdoor shower. Remember as you add weight for or aft this is a small trailer and tongue weight can be affected quickly. Some worry about the rivets but I’ve seen very few failures. Others worry about the gel coat cracks, not much to worry about there either, the gel coat is not structural. I am switching to 235 tires to get a little more clearance, i have the high lift with 15” wheels already. Another nice to have is an outside quick connect for propane. I run 200w of portable solar panels but intend to add one 200w on the roof, combined with a 200ah lipo that should seal the deal for me except for running ac (i also can carry my 2200 Honda gen). If you want to see the toughest Casita built check out Bill Hillman’s Casita, here’s the link Happy trails

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I have owned two Casitas. I love what you get considering little new technology has been incorporated. First is the battery box. Will fit one group 27 with no room remaining. I installed a 200ah LiPo under the bed. I replaced the failed Dometic fridge with a pure 12V fridge. I can run the fridge and lights for over a week without solar panels being connected. The rear frame should be modded to accept bike racks, this is a little trailer we are talking about. I want a deeper sink and it is next on the list. I am removing the bathroom sink that never gets used, rerouting the water lines for an outdoor shower. Remember as you add weight for or aft this is a small trailer and tongue weight can be affected quickly. Some worry about the rivets but I’ve seen very few failures. Others worry about the gel coat cracks, not much to worry about there either, the gel coat is not structural. I am switching to 235 tires to get a little more clearance, i have the high lift with 15” wheels already. Another nice to have is an outside quick connect for propane. I run 200w of portable solar panels but intend to add one 200w on the roof, combined with a 200ah lipo that should seal the deal for me except for running ac (i also can carry my 2200 Honda gen). If you want to see the toughest Casita built check out Bill Hillman’s Casita, here’s the link Happy trails

I've watched that video many times and I spoke with the shop that does the work prior to purchasing ours. Luckily for us we have the outdoor shower and the new deep set sink as they are now factory options. I would eventually like to upgrade to lithium with an inverter and add an outdoor LP hookup. We currently have a 200w portable panel for solar but should we decide to keep the Casita long term we will more than likely stick another 200w worth of panels on the roof.

No complaints with the Dometic 3-way fridge at the moment so I'll cross that bridge should we ever get there. I have a custom reinforced hitch (150lb max payload) set to be installed by Casita Works in the coming weeks along with tint install on all windows (less the entrance door and beveled bath window). I am still considering adding the Stromberg cargo tray over the tongue along with their generator box but I'd be using the box for storage as there's very little on these trailers for exterior use items.

We have the new style bath with the molded in sink and cabinet, it's an improvement in terms of aesthetics and storage when compared to the older riveted on sink but it still eats up a lot of room in there. The only rivet or bolt I hear of sometimes failing on the newer trailers is the overhead corner cabinet above the microwave space and it's easily repaired should it ever fail. You should be able to clear 31's with the lift in place, I opted for a 30x9.50x15 instead and I am more than pleased with that decision but I am glad that I didn't go any smaller.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
I am still considering adding the Stromberg cargo tray over the tongue along with their generator box...

As an alternative, consider a "Let's Go Aero - 429756 Jack-It Double Bike Carrier System" along with a small, hitch-mounted storage tray. It would live in the same space as the Stromberg tray, but give you more options and better access to the propane.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
As an alternative, consider a "Let's Go Aero - 429756 Jack-It Double Bike Carrier System" along with a small, hitch-mounted storage tray. It would live in the same space as the Stromberg tray, but give you more options and better access to the propane.

That could work, I already have a PakMule cargo carrier for the rear as well. Something to consider if I don't want a permanent solution.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Got a long week in Big Bend planned for late October in the Casita. We haven't been in a few years so I am looking forward to getting back out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad