4x4 7.3PSD Chinook Concourse

Tomsprops

I just picked up this 2001 Chinook. It's a Rare Bird with only 66,000 miles. I'm super excited to have found this Wonderfull base camp for many future adventure. I found it 4 states away in Colorado. The first time I drive it was 1300 mile back home to SoCal. I just thought that I would share.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    669.5 KB · Views: 224
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    710.1 KB · Views: 222

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Sweet, what type and size tires are you running? I have 2WD Chinook with lift on order and am currently looking at new tires.

Tomsprops

Nice find.
Conversion company?
Upgrades?
Solar?
Future plans?
Details?
I believe that this is a Factory 4x4 Chinook. Trailways(Chinook) used Salem-Kroger for their inhouse conversions. Leaf springs the whole way around.
This unit aside from some electronic upgrades seem to be totally stock ?
Yes, it has a solar energy panel above the cab and a solar charger/Controller. This system seems to be a factory option ?
Lots of plans for the future. Nothing to wild. I just like to make thing just a bit better than how they come from the factory.
I'm reaserching Tuners and Trans controllers now. Possibly a visit to Agile Offroad will be in our future as well.

5spd97

I could be wrong but I doubt the solar was original in a 2001 and if it is, it could probably stand an upgrade. Panels and controllers have really improved over the years.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I could be wrong but I doubt the solar was original in a 2001 and if it is, it could probably stand an upgrade. Panels and controllers have really improved over the years.

I have a 2001 and it was standard, I do plan to upgrade mine along with inverter but really it works fine.

86scotty

Cynic
Sweet, what type and size tires are you running? I have 2WD Chinook with lift on order and am currently looking at new tires.

I recently sold my small motorhome, a little bigger than a Chinook. It was an e450 class B with dual rear wheels. I changed from the stock dinky donuts to Toyo Open Country ATII 235-85/16"s and gained a couple inches of height. Also, this size works well for the rear duals, no chance of them touching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal