.5” wheel spacer source

chirigringo

Adventurer
I put 285/75r16 Bfg KO2s on my ‘03 Yukon and the rear tires are rubbing the inner fender liner when flexed. Modifying the liner won’t help due to the upper shock mount location.
I’d like to try some modest wheel spacers but I’m having trouble finding anything under a full inch from any reputable brand name. Anyone have a recommendation for a thinner 6 on 5.5 wheel spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpoMike

You likely won't. Good spacers are going to bolt onto the original flange and to have enough room for lug nuts to recess in, 1" is about as thin as you go. For slide on spacers, 1/4" is about as thick as I would ever consider, assuming you have longer studs that allow a full engagement of lug nuts. Really don't like slide on spacers as it adds a lot of extra load to the studs. Different tires or wheels with the correct offset is your best choice. A 255/85-16 is the same diameter but about an 1" narrower. Likely a better choice if you don't want to change wheels.

skrypj

There was a site that I found that made thinner spacers. i'll see if I can find it.

I think your best bet would be to run extended ARP wheel studs or something similar so everything stays the correct length.

chirigringo

Adventurer
Thanks all for chiming in. I had the same concern about the difficulty of replacing the wheel studs. And then possibly having to do it again if I ever swap wheels and want to ditch the spacers.
If I'm jumping up to a thicker spacer, I do see more options. I really don't want to add more than an inch but at one inch, the stock studs might actually bee TOO long. I guess I'm going to have to pull a wheel and take some measurements. I'll report my findings for posterity.

billiebob

Another option is rims with the correct offset.

1/2" means it is just a fancy washer which shortens the wheel studs, I'd be surprized if anyone could make a real spacer with proper studs.

highwest

If it can be done, these guys will do it. Give them a call. Good folks to talk to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy