SAR_Squid79

Explorer
I want to put down a mat in the cargo area of my FJ62. I bought a generic
one from Kragen that said it should fit all types of SUVs - Land Cruisers
included, but it's still too small...

So I'm wondering if any late model Toyota SUVs would have a rear cargo
area that's nearly the same size.

Does anyone know if the 100-series, or Sequoia, or 4Runner or FJC have
about the same size cargo floor space as the 60-series??

I've also thought of getting one of those clear plastic, under the desk, rolling-office-chair mat things, and
maybe trying to cut it to size.

What do you guys think?

bomar

Adventurer
I used the 12x12 foam squares that fit together and cut it to fit and it has worked out well. If I was to do over I would have taped then on the backside before final install.

Like these but like a diamond plate pattern that I got on sale at Sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00912871000P?keyword=foam+tiles

Also look at tractor supply for bed mats and/or stall mats (for horses).

But I have looked for years to fit an aftermarket mat that would fit.

SOR has some stuff but it is major coin or kill you on shipping.

Good luck!

ozarkroozer

Observer
I cant remember the exact brand I bought but they sell rolls of heavy duty liner at Tractor Supply. Plenty of width and length for the entire cargo area. What I did in my 60 was to take out the carpet from the gate all the way up the back of the second row seat. Roll out the mat, used the carpet as a template and cut it out to the exact same size. then put the carpet back in with the mat on top and reattach the trim strips. One of the best things Ive done. I also cut one to go in the 80 as well.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I have one in mine that I got at CoolCruisers in TX. It's really heavy duty. It covers the whole rear floor and the back of the bench seat. It was sort of a pain to install but I really like it.
Check their website to see if they still have them. I got mine several years ago.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
When I had my 60 I was going to get a cargo mat sold by an Ebay vendor. They were rubber with a bunch of circles to catch liquids - essentially like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-1998-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Rubber-Weather-Floor-Mats_W0QQitemZ350243578442QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518c24e24a

I e-mailed the seller, at the time, and they said they could get fitted cargo area mats for the FJ60as well. For the life of me I can't remember the seller's name and can't find the old e-mail. It looks like there are several vendors for that type of mat. You may want to e-mail them and see if they can get the cargo area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad