6bt Cummins Swapped 04 F350 coilover converted Bison Overland Flatbed Camper

Jredone

Compound Turbo 12 Valve Swapped F350 with 2022 Bison Overland Flatbed camper on 37s, King 2.5 coilover 4 link front, alcan/icon 3.0 rear

40,000 miles on motor
25,000 miles on entire drivetrain (trans, axles, 4.10 gears LSD, NV5600, np205 tcase)
223k on odometer

We’ll Start with an asking price of $105k
(Truck and camper will be sold together, not seperating)
**registered and insured as a Motorhome**
Located in Millington, NJ

You Never know what an appropriate asking price is with this stuff. I’m well over 150K+ in the build and unfortunately you never get that money back in this game. All receipts for parts, work, etc. will be available for the buyer.

Due to a growing family and less time to spend “off grid” playing on bicycles, a more Road oriented/RV park type rig is necessary

So on that note I am Open to trades for LARGER Vans with room for bicycles, class B+, C’s such as Winnebago ekko, coachmen crosstrek cross trail 20xg or similar with “garage space” to store bikes inside

This truck will not be for everyone so please read thoroughly if you’re interested and leave the poor comments out of the thread if you’re not.
Feel free to privately message me with any gripes, concerns, complaints on pricing, etc… also feel free to ask any relevant questions you like in the thread and I will do my best to answer

It’s Loud, it’s fast, it’s high, it’s manual, and it will not pass any type of smog inspection, so California need not apply. Although it does run very clean on biodiesel.

It will run forever if properly maintained.
Parts are available most everywhere.
Will run on all the diesel here in the US along with the questionable stuff outside of the country. For that reason there is a FASS fuel system in place for its filtration and water seperation and ease of access and serviceability
Very easy to get back up and running with common 12 valve knowledge if there was a break down

The focus of the build is around Mountain biking off grid. Designed to be as reliable as possible and rip fire roads comfortably and fast more than ride pavement all day long. Please keep that in mind if you’re inquiring on this rig

• 04 Ford F-350 Lariat leather Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed with Black Powdercoated Custom Flat Bed with Built in Gooseneck under camper
• Rust free rig. Most of its lift spent in Idaho. Garage kept in winter, primarily used summer and fall
• 5.9 12 Valve 64 over 75 Borg Warner Compounds, Swap Was done in 2012 With 165k on the Odometer Before it Was Fully Rebuilt. Every Wear item Changed on Whole Truck... Down to Weather Stripping on Cab.

• 07 Harley Davidson Front End Conversion with •Billet badges Cummins Ford emblem.
• No Check Engine Lights
• Color Matching (Black Obsidian) 08 Mirrors
• Perfect Cream Leather interior
• Cover king Molle seat covers protecting the leather
• Two rear seat deleted for in truck bicycle storage (factory rear seats will be included)

• Motor fully rebuilt around 40,000 miles ago by Jefferson State Diesel
• Fire Ringed Head by Big Twin Diesel with Built Head Mild Cam, 4k gov springs
• KDP mod
• ATS 3 pulse exhaust manifold
• One piece keating design works valve cover, tappet cover
• 60 Lb Exhaust Springs so The Head Won't float When Using Exhaust Brake
• Bored .30 Over and sleeved at rebuild
• ARP 625+ Studs
• Fleece performance coolant bypass

• Mag-Hytek rear Dif Cover
• Amsoil Full Synthetic Oils Throughout
• 25000 miles on transfer case, steering box, 6sp NV5600 with Short Throw Shifter and Expansion Coolers

• Pac Brake PRXB Exhuast Brake
• Quad Pillar autometer gauges- Boost, Pryo, Fuel Pres, Trans Temp
• Protec Boxes Under Flat Bed

• Arb front bumper
• Arb twin compressor
• Bushwacker fender flare, no rubbing
• Come up 16.5k synthetic winch
• Factor 55 fairlead
• LED projector head lights
• rigid led back up lights
• Rigid led amber driving lights wired to factory switch
• Baja designs lp9 fog lights
• KC gravity roof mount light bar and roof rack
• KC side mount light bars driver and passenger
• SPOD bantam switch panel to control it all
• New dual red top optimas
• Noco on board batt maintainer
• Noco onboard waterproof plug for maintainer and block heater

• FASS Fuel Class 8 Semi Truck System
• Amp Full Length Auto Steps
• Every Wear Item In Drivetrain Replaced around 25,000 mi ago
• Kenwood Dash Cam With Full Time On Switch Wired
• Kenwood Excelon Double Din Nav Head Unit with CarPlay
• Back Up Camera W/ Night Vision
• JL Audio 13" Stealth Sub
• JL Component Speakers In Every Corner and Tweeters in Front A Pillars

• 4.10 Gearing with LSD rear open diff front
• Full traction coilover conversion with custom valved king 2.5s
• Warn manual locking hubs (no more vacuum actuated)
• manual idle control knob for cold weather warm ups and heavy winch operation
• Far from stock HD tie rod, drag link, track bar
• Brand new Spicer rebuildable/greaseable HD ball joints to be installed before sale
• Far from stock front diff cover with fox stabilizer
• Custom Alcan rear leaf packs and Firestone bags
• Icon 3.0 adjustable rear shocks
• Outlaw fab rear traction bars
• Black rhino 18x9.5 rims and spare
• Toyo open country RT 37x13.5 tires and spare (25k mi)
• tire rotations every oil change including the spare
• Fresh amsoil oil change performed

IMG_1476.jpeg
IMG_1458.jpeg
IMG_1459.jpeg
IMG_1457.jpeg
IMG_1472.jpeg
IMG_1489.jpeg
IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1474.jpeg
IMG_1480.jpeg
IMG_1477.jpeg

Last edited:

Jredone

Camper was purchased as an insulated poptop shell from Bison overland with insulated poptop vinyl/sunbrella canvass material
Interior was a collaboration with Vice customs and myself to come up with a unique design that fits all the things I wanted.
All perfect CNC cut Bamboo with super unique Torzo surfaces counter tops and table.
Hest dually mattress fits perfectly in the cab over and can be folded in half to Allow for more storage when solo traveling.
Pendleton seat cushions convertible to second bed at dinette area

• 700 watts of solar to a 150/70 Victron charge controller.
• external zamp plug for additional ground panels
• Expion 360 Li batt
• Xantrex 2000 watt inverter charger with multiple interior and exterior 110 outlets
• Smart plug 30amp stainless charge port
• Blue Sea systems combination 12v/110v switch panel with built in breakers to control the entire camper
• Victron smart shunt battery monitoring (all Bluetooth including inverter and charge controller)
• LED lights throughout including red led night lights, led maxxair fan lights and shades, blue led water tank level light and led lights in storage hatches and electric cabinet
• LED exterior porch lighting

• Propane Dometic dual stove glass top
• Dometic glass top sink
• Isotherm 130 drawer fridge freezer
• 12 volt hot water heater
• Bullfinch interior shower port and shower between dinette.
• 30 gallons of fresh water stored inside at front of camper.
• Thetford portapotti Brand New never used
• Multiple 12v, usb and USBc ports throughout
• Dual maxxair fans with remote control for cabover
• Weboost drive reach signal booster with otr antenna mounted to pop top.
• 4 corner roof lift actuators with Hall effect sensors so it lifts and lowers smoothly every time and evenly
• Bundutec hard cover outdoor shower with bullfinch shower port.
• Dometic no leg awning
• Tern overland windows, door, and hatch doors all around.
• Custom built full size spare tire box from Alumline
• All marine grade stainless hardware on cabinetry screws, water ports, wiring, etc.

As I said before this was built as a FAIR weather MTB destination rig. Having a hardwired/mounted heater was not necessary for me. It is more than Capable of being a winter rig. It is very well insulated along with the poptop material. On colder days I had a propex portable heater box that I would hook up to the propane, that was sold shortly after realizing I would not use it.
I am willing to add to the camper at your cost if it is missing something you want or need
There are plenty of open circuits 110 and 12volt to add whatever you like.

The only thing lacking on the rig is Cruise Control.
I never felt the need for it so I did not try to figure out how to get it working with the NV trans.

There is no grey water tank. A collapsible storage tank would be used when needed for sink/indoor shower. None of the camping I did was in rv parks so having a mounted grey water tank was not necessary.

Rig is currently located in Millington NJ
Mileage will continue to go up as I do still use this for some overnighter MTB trips.

Test drives will be aloud for interested parties with funding otherwise I will do the driving if requested.

Because this is titled as a motor home, RV loans may be a possibility but you must inquire on your own.

If there are specific questions photos videos you would like to see please feel free to reach out, we can exchange numbers and go from there.

For Out of state inquires, I will be happy to go over the rig via FaceTime or other form of video call.

I would consider delivering within a reasonable distance.

It is impossible to list every detail of this rig so forgive me if there is anything I missed. I will continue to update the thread accordingly

If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading and thank you for checking out my rig

-Joe
IMG_1508.jpeg
IMG_1510.jpeg
IMG_1513.jpeg
IMG_1520.jpeg
IMG_1521.jpeg
IMG_1516.jpeg
IMG_1514.jpeg
IMG_1515.jpeg

Sabey

Holy ******* this is what dreams are made of. I wish it coming onto the market at the end of the year, I'd be booking a ticket to NJ to check it out. GLWS on this awesome rig.

Jredone

Holy ******* this is what dreams are made of. I wish it coming onto the market at the end of the year, I'd be booking a ticket to NJ to check it out. GLWS on this awesome rig.

Why wait come on out and get this thing for summer, I’ll scoop you up at Newark airport.

lol thank you, I appreciate the kind words

Cheers

kmh

I love Ford trucks I've had a bunch of them in the past. I'm wanting to drive the Pan American and then ship the truck to Africa. So, I've been looking at older trucks that will take questionable diesel. I don't know much about all of the engine work that you've done, but it looks like this maybe a good match from a reliability perspective. A few questions, how large is the gas tank and what is the approximate MPG, is there room to add a reserve tank? I probably need to do a bit of research, but my guess is if I'm patient, I can get this fixed or problemed solved just about anywhere in the world. What is the height when the top is down, what is the width and length? Thanks for your time and I hope my questions aren't too dumb.

Jredone

I love Ford trucks I've had a bunch of them in the past. I'm wanting to drive the Pan American and then ship the truck to Africa. So, I've been looking at older trucks that will take questionable diesel. I don't know much about all of the engine work that you've done, but it looks like this maybe a good match from a reliability perspective. A few questions, how large is the gas tank and what is the approximate MPG, is there room to add a reserve tank? I probably need to do a bit of research, but my guess is if I'm patient, I can get this fixed or problemed solved just about anywhere in the world. What is the height when the top is down, what is the width and length? Thanks for your time and I hope my questions aren't too dumb.

Not dumb questions at all, I’m sure others will have the same questions as you. Sounds like you’re planing a bucket list trip, awesome!! Good rig choice for that as well.

Thanks for checking out the rig, I’ll get those exact measurements for you tomorrow. It’s likely too big for a shipping container if that’s the route you’d be going.

Fuel tank is 38 gallons. There is definitely room for a second tank since the factory spare tire location is now open. there is also a company I believe “Titan” fuel tanks who make extended range tanks that mount right up in the factory location with all the parts from original tank.

As far as MPG, if you’re light on the throttle you can get upwards of 17-20 maybe even better depending on conditions. Avg is around 15 fully loaded (Fuel, water, bicycles, tools, all the things)

Much of the engine work that was done is for reliable power without going overboard. Endless amounts of information out there about these engines and every possible issue you can have with them. All very simple fixes with some mechanical know how and will definitely be able to find diesel repair shops familiar with this engine all around the world if necessary. With the engine rebuild, the very few known catastrophic failure points have all already been addressed.

Feel free to PM me if you’d like to pick my brain more. Happy to exchange phone numbers and share knowledge on this build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad