A/C on-off knob questions

glennm01

A fine idea. The new knob is already fully installed though, and pulling out the dash is enough of a pain that I'm inclined to just leave it, for now at least. I'll keep the old knob, and maybe next time I have to get in there, I'll mess with it then.

kerry

Expedition Leader
While we’re on A/C: Years ago there were a number of threads about poorly performing A/C. In the USA we got FG’s with a rubber flap in front of the condenser which is under the passengers feet. If you remove that flap or tuck it up behind the bumper so it doesn’t tilt back at higher speeds and force the slipstream acacross the condenser, stopping the downward or upward flow from the fan, your cooling power will increase by an order of magnitude ( at speeds above about 35 or 40 mph).

FGwannaB

.fuso ac on off toggle.jpg
I had the same switch break. I tried to find a replacement and couldn't. Finally purchased a used control unit from Busbee's in SC USA. Replaced the entire control panel. The new to me used switch broke again. I asked a buddy of mine with electrical knowledge to hook the AC on off to a switch. It works well now and I don't have to worry about breaking another one. Mark @ Appalachian Overland Outfitters in Greenville, SC did the electrical work. He does awesome work, thankfully because I know enough to know that I don't know Jack!

kerry

Expedition Leader
.View attachment 704077
I had the same switch break. I tried to find a replacement and couldn't. Finally purchased a used control unit from Busbee's in SC USA. Replaced the entire control panel. The new to me used switch broke again. I asked a buddy of mine with electrical knowledge to hook the AC on off to a switch. It works well now and I don't have to worry about breaking another one. Mark @ Appalachian Overland Outfitters in Greenville, SC did the electrical work. He does awesome work, thankfully because I know enough to know that I don't know Jack!
So a new switch is no longer available from a dealer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3