Abandoned/derelict sites

WininUtah

Adventurer
That school (or at least the roof) looks pretty new actually.

The building is dated 1936, the roof definitely is newer. I'm not sure when they stopped using the building, certainly not "derelict". I thought it would make a great art gallery.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I need to make another trip to Idlewild and get some good pics. It was an all-black resort town until the Jim Crow laws went away in the 60s. Not too far is Marlborough. It was the world's largest cement plant for a while back in the early 1900s.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I started playing around wish some old photos I had. I took this one with my old Sony Mavica (yea, one that took the floppy disc and all!). I messed with it in Lightroom. I thought it came out pretty nice. These were a couple of old clunkers that were sitting around in Idlewild, MI one of the many times we have gone through there. Idlewild was an all-black resort town up until the Jim Crow laws were repealed in the 60s. There are a few kept up homes there. There are blocks of dirt streets with lights and street signs. Quite a unique place. I wan to make another trip there to get some more pics.

10432361405_4b59a8d500_c.jpg

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
A genuine log cabin. Love the texture in the near corner.

Interesting that you can create a liveable house with just 40 logs (plus roof), how many materials do we need now? Ok there's no fridge or Jacuzzi or even water, but McMansion owners could take a few lessons I think.

photo_i

Explorer
A genuine log cabin. Love the texture in the near corner.

I spent all my childhood summers in a small village in taiga, where my city slicker grand parents bought an old house as a retirement home. That house was close to a 100 yo and I loved it. Too bad that I don't have any photos of it...

troyboy162

Adventurer
Great pictures! I have a few underground ones that I'm pretty happy with. I'm brand new to light painting, but hang out with some guys who are experts so my first try wasn't too horrendous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3