Air suspension thoughts

Porcupine86

Hey everyone,

Has anyone done any air suspension mods on their rig? I've been thinking of adding airbags to my 2015 Impreza so I can have variable ride height, but wasn't sure if there were any major drawbacks beside the cost? It's my daily driver and I went with it over the Crosstrek due to fuel economy, but I'd like to be able to lift 3-4" when it snows or I'm headed to a campsite that's a little less accessible (BLM, etc). I'm not trying to do any extreme rock crawling or anything, so I realize it's a mild rig at best. I just want a little flexibility for when things get wiggy.

dreadlocks

mine has factory Air Suspension, and I friggin love it.. Tow my trailer in comfort setting (medium), go hitup some mountain twisties in dynamic (low and counteracts body roll on a heavy suv), pull onto some dirt and put it into Off Road, and if I find a trail or an obstacle I can put it in lift which provides me about 13in of clearance (its fully inflated, really hard so deflating my all terrains is a must if I need to stay in this setting for any considerable time)..

When towing it keeps my TV perfectly level, gotta be kinda carefull unhooking a trailer tho and make sure you have it chocked before you put the jack on the ground.. once I take a little load off it deflates the bags and suddenly the trailer not hooked up anymore.

Even has a button in back cargo area that deflates the rear bags entirely so my pups dont have to jump so high in/out of the back..

Feels like I've got a transformer, on its lowest setting its easy to think im driving a car.. and in the highest I've got more clearance than a stock jeep.. after this its going to be hard to give up air suspension, I've got a feeling I'll be demanding it in whatever replaces this vehicle in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman