Ammo Can seller in the Nevada Desert?

tremors834

Adventurer
When I was in Nevada last time I remember passing a place on the side of the road that sold countless amounts of Ammo Cans and Rocket Boxes. I just can't remember where it was.
If memory serves me right it was somewhere on my way to Death Valley from Las Vegas. I would like to stop there next time. Anyone may a clue as to where I saw this oasis?? I'd like to stop there when I'm out that way this summer.

jcbrandon

Explorer
Pretty sure you are thinking of the roadside stand in Beatty, Nevada. Great place to buy ammo cans and such. The fellow that runs it is named Keith. The last time I drove past, a few weeks ago, he was closed. Pretty sure it was just for the day or so.

Albin

Adventurer
Pretty sure you are thinking of the roadside stand in Beatty, Nevada. Great place to buy ammo cans and such. The fellow that runs it is named Keith. The last time I drove past, a few weeks ago, he was closed. Pretty sure it was just for the day or so.

Yep, first thing I thought of too.

That guy is pretty nice, we stopped there during out Summer 2008 Desert Trip, he had a lot of interesting tales to tell us.

He also warned us of the speed trap in Goldfield: 25 mph meant 25 mph and one mile over would lead to a speeding ticket.

Good luck.

Al

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
Yep, first thing I thought of too.

That guy is pretty nice, we stopped there during out Summer 2008 Desert Trip, he had a lot of interesting tales to tell us.

He also warned us of the speed trap in Goldfield: 25 mph meant 25 mph and one mile over would lead to a speeding ticket.

Good luck.

Al

Beatty, yeah.....I was trying to remember that place. We spent a night there about 5 years ago.

M35-ED

That guy has been there 5 years that I know of, I always stop and visit, very nice to deal with, and with out asking when you buy more than one the price comes down..

YJake

Adventurer
Aw darn! I was just out there :smiley_drive: last summer and didn't stop.

Guess I'll make a detour the next time I'm traveling out that way. I see all kinds of neat things I could use.

-Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach