Any full size regular cab 6.5 bed trucks?

dan8152

Hello all, Well I once again moved to a cool area to be able to explore daily and I no longer have a cool rig (used to have an FJ cruiser for over 10 years and subie outback)
I have a 2014 Silverado Work truck regular cab and 6.5 bed that we bought almost new with 7k miles on it years ago. Stock except some hankook All terrains. I now live in the heart of the Arkansas ozark.

Problem is I retired really early so money is extra tight. Truck is well maintained with 75k miles on it and I moved from Wisconsin so it's got some rust on the frame and I did an ok job with fluid film so no visible body rust YET.

I have a cap on it and foam mattress to sleep in back.

Sell it while it has low miles and invest a little for something better OR upgrade it a bit? if I trade in I will maybe get $10K? (mine has hand crank windows)
Only upgrade I can think of is a larger screen radio, skid plates, better suspension, and maybe better tires for the area. Paint under it with POR so it last a little longer.
The truck rides super rough and makes my old FJ feel like a Cadillac!

My wife is still working and talked about trading it in and getting a new Bronco (love it as it's like my FJ but 4 doors) but the cost is so expensive or getting a new last V6 4 runner.
She does not trust used vehicles with over 10k miles as we have had bad luck with them.

Not many new vehicles that we like.
We want to be able to sleep in the back, 4x4, probably body on frame, simple, and for it to be reliable and last.

I liked the broncos that you can order with just Sasquatch package or trims with locker.

Attachments

• 457453391_17931038513919872_7744213993931882199_n.jpg
    457453391_17931038513919872_7744213993931882199_n.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 3

Ozarker

Generally, your truck won't be worth more than it is today.

Lipstick on a pig might make your life happier but not so for others.

Retiring living on one paycheck from the wife? And you think going into debt to buy a new Bronco is a good idea? Really?

My son has that Bronco model, for older folks, dogs or kids it's harder to get into than my F 150. It is so loud, in stock form, that rear passengers can't have a conversation with people in front! While the 4 banger is peppy, it can't tow.

My suggestion is use what you have, as is, for a couple years on that one paycheck, make those car payments to yourself for a bigger down payment when you have adjusted to your new financial position.

The new bankruptcy laws aren't forgiving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete