ARB Awning 2000 x 2500 on my Jeep JKU - Brief Review

GPFactor

Hey Guys, Figured I would give a brief review of my experience with my ARB Awning. So far its been a great product. Mounted it to my Rhino Rack Backbone 3 bar system. Ill break down the pros and little cons I found. Hopefully it will help someone else make a good decision to get one.

Pros:
1. No Noise - I really have not noticed any noise on the highway at 70mph. Its secured up there, and at first I was sure I would hear a nice whistle or something from it, but nothing. Between that and the roof rack, I have not noticed any noise increase when driving.
2. Built well - The outer bag, canvas, and polls are all built very nice and the quality is there. Well made
3. Although its a tan color and somewhat translucent, it blocks the sun very well. As you can see from the one picture, it not only gets used when out camping or whatever, we use it in the driveway as well to beat the heat when doing work on the jeep.
4. lightweight - not heavy at all. Just long.
5. size is perfect for what we wanted. The longer version would be nice, but this size fits well with the JEEP JKU
6. Totally works on pavement. Even with the poles not anchored down, it stayed up all day (wasnt too windy so that could change this pro)

Cons:
1. Set up - Set up and tear down are 100% possible with one person, but its a little awkward. 2 people is way easier. Once the side poles and standing pole are stored, the roll up definitely only takes one person.

I personally cant think of another con at the moment but we will see as I use it more. So far we have used it for so many more applications that we expected. Its been a great piece of gear to have. We are planning to get the Deluxe room to have for longer trips and a secondary sleeping room for camping. I just ordered a Free Spirit Adventure Series 55" Tri Layer. So definitely will post some pics once that is mounted to show the fit with the awning and Rhino Rack. Thanks Guys

Attachments

• IMG_8486.JPG
    IMG_8486.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8500.JPG
    IMG_8500.JPG
    347.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8502 2.JPG
    IMG_8502 2.JPG
    399.4 KB · Views: 53

Forum statistics

Threads