ARB Twin Cylinder compressor

RACKMAN

Observer
In case anyone is interested in the ARB Twin High Output compressor, i thought I,d post my timed inflation of a 33"x12.5 tire on my jeep...1 minute and 45 seconds to go from 10PSI to 32PSI. Not to bad IMHO. I think I'm going to really like this compressor.

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Questions: Are you useing the compressor to run your lockers, also. If you don't mind, how much? I have front and rear air lockers and was thinking on going with the Puma.

Thanks, Ron

Rynomar

Observer
I am not currently using mine for lockers, but have been really happy with it as well. I have it hooked up to a 1 gallon tank and can air a 37" tire from 15-28 psi in about a minute. After that, it takes about 2.5 minutes per tire. They did a great job with the design and wiring of the compressor as well.photo-12A.jpgphoto-13.jpg

fishEH

Explorer
I like my Puma. The only advantage I see to the ARB is reduced size. But if you add a tank then its pretty much a wash. So then it boils down to cost and speed.

RACKMAN

Observer
Questions: Are you useing the compressor to run your lockers, also. If you don't mind, how much? I have front and rear air lockers and was thinking on going with the Puma.

Thanks, Ron
No, I,m running stock Rubi lockers, but the compressor comes ready with harness to hook right up to the solenoid and switches of the ARB Lockers. My cost here in Canada was $500. This is a very well built unit, very well sealed to the elements and 100% duty cycle. Puts out over 6cfm at 0psi and puts out about a very decent 4.5cfm at 30psi.

Caleb Long

Go for the adventure!
I have the ARB compressor your talking about. Does anyone have and experience/attempted to run air tools? It says in the description that it is possible. I am considering putting two 5 gal air tanks mounted to my truck frame and seeing where it goes. Let me know, thanks

Caleb

kshallen

Rattle Gun with ARB twin

I have twin with no tank, just the twin solenoid manifold for the two lockers. Handed to hose to my buddy so he put a IR rattle gun on it and took a lug nut off and on his 1T truck. We measured the resulting torque at 80 ft-lbs. His gun is capable of 300. Not sure what it would do with a tank, but just printed out dimensional drawings from .5 gal to 2.5 to see what I can shoe horn in. Not wild about putting it underneath if I land on a rock.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
I just installed my OBA system (ARB twin) with 2x 5 gallon aluminum tanks. I have not yet needed to deflate/inflate my tires, however, I did air up some lawn mower tires in no time. Actually surprised how fast they aired up. I do have a Legacy manufacturing Cyclone F1 blow gun (CFM = 35). It gives me 4-5 good blasts of air before the twin needs to replenish. Overall, I am very pleased with this setup. ARB is a solid unit.

As far as running an air impact, I have decided to go with a 20v cordless impact wrench instead...

Regards,

BWJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat