Arctic Trucks looks for military customers

haven

Expedition Leader
Arctic Trucks is the Icelandic company that specializes in stuffing monster tires under vans and SUVs for use on snowfields and glaciers. Now the company is looking for military customers. But NATO military planners are looking at desert scenarios, not the frozen arctic. So Arctic Trucks has a new series of offerings, painted desert tan:

How about a current Land Cruiser to transport visiting dignitaries
arctic-truck-1.jpg

Or maybe a 70 series Toyota to resupply distant outposts
arctic-truck-2.jpg

"Rat Patrol" recon vehicles are in demand, too
arctic-truck-3.jpg

Read more about Arctic Trucks' recent projects, including stuffing a 35" tire under a Land Cruiser 200, at http://www.arctictrucks.com

These photos were taken at a recent French military expo called Eurosatory 2008. A web site called deagle.com specializes in covering military hardware, and they have a great four page spread of the Eurosatory exhibits here
http://www.deagel.com/collection/Eurosatory-2008_4_1.aspx

Chip Haven

Harald Hansen

Explorer
Arctic Trucks have done some projects for the Norwegian armed forces earlier. I couldn't find any pictures on the Web, though.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Those are some cool trucks, and of course I'm litteraly drooling over that 70series Cruiser.

Can one of our resident military personel tell me why they would take off the windshield and front framework from the truck? Is there a tactical thing to it, is it so the driver can throw down and fire while driving too??

Cheers

DAve

BiG BoB

Adventurer
One of the few reasons I can think of is to stop it reflecting light and giving away a semi camoflaged position

I guess after a few rounds have hit it would need to be kicked out anyway

Sean

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
BiG BoB said:
One of the few reasons I can think of is to stop it reflecting light and giving away a semi camoflaged position

I guess after a few rounds have hit it would need to be kicked out anyway

Sean
AHHHHHHH the mans a thinker, that makes sence. Seems like it'd cost alot in goggles though eh...

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat