AWD 2000 Chevy Astro window van, many upgrades, low miles, fantastic shape!

ElizaDolittle

I bought a larger rig, and am selling my beloved and well-maintained Astro. It won't be available for a few weeks (I am still unpacking from the last multi-month trip), but I'm posting now as a heads' up.

It has about 110k miles, and no rust (has always been in the West). Silver color, navy interior.

Currently located in western Oregon, but I can likely deliver to SoCal or anywhere in between, if we time it right.

Upgrades:
Custom leaf springs (for heavy cargo and a bit of a lift)
Helwig sway bar
Tru-Cool trans cooler (changed the ATF, so you will never have to)
BFG TA KO LT tires (about 3000 miles on them)
Full-sized spare, plus factory donut for a 2nd spare
Hitch
Wiring for utility and travel trailers
Coil-over shocks
Interior switch to open rear hatch

Other recent maintenance:
Flushed radiator
New brakes
New windshield

Original features:
Rear heat and AC
Cruise control
Roof rack

I have the original rear seats, which fold down flat into a bed, and the original tinted side windows, all in great shape, and will re-install before selling. Also available if you want them: Custom bed platform for small adult or kids, custom blackout curtains.

I have it wired to charge a second ('house') battery, but am not sure whether that will remain.

More info as I get time. Feel free to ask questions!

$6000

How do I post photos? I am a longtime reader, first time poster on ExPo.

Edit: OIC, new members cannot post pictures or links. Feel free to message me for pics... I'll go comment on some threads and try to make myself less of a noob here :). Seriously, I have been lurking for YEARS!

New edit: People have been pm'ing me their email addresses for photos; that seems to work pretty well.

Last edited:

ElizaDolittle

I realized people might want to know more.

Before I bought this van, I looked at every Astro that came on the market for a YEAR, and picked the best one. It has been flawless. I'm its second owner.

I camped in this rig for a total of about two years out of the past 3 (longest run, 10 months) For me alone it is a good size -- cosy and nimble. But when I started travelling with my (large) cat and a (small) atv I needed a larger vehicle.

So I looked a year for the new rig, and have been fixing up what I bought, and it's almost ready. Which make it almost time to part with my beloved Astro..

Oh, and yes, the AC blows cold and the heater blows hot :).

ElizaDolittle

Interior pics will be available soon. I have got most of my gear out, and carpet cleaned the back. I need to remove some bolted-on interior equipment and replace the panel I removed to keep safe when I mounted it. I suppose you folks will want pics with and without seats, right?

An item that you all might want, and I don't think I will use in the new van: Custom tiedowns for two large house batteries, fits between the two front seats and has a tray top. Very strong, bolted through floor. I'll get pics of that, too.

ElizaDolittle

Is this van still available?

Actually, it might be!

I took it off the market this spring, because I had delays getting my new rig. But I am now working on the new rig and might be ready to sell the adventure Astro pretty soon.

If you like, you can pm me your number and I can call you, or we can talk here, whatever works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat