Back after 6 years.

xjaugie

Adventurer
Great looking project, should be interesting build. I guess doors with windows would be the first project?

Jimmy Jack Claypool

Lurking in the shadows
Thanks everyone. Here's a rundown. It's an 88 with a 22re. 5speed with twin cases. Stock gears in the front case and 4.7 in the rear. Crawls realllllllllly slow. 37" MTR's on 17x9 beadlocks. Not balanced worth a crap.
Sas was done really well. Front hanger is beefy. Front springs are 48" rears. High steer and hydro assist. And the rears are 63" Chevys. Tons of flex.
It has on board air with a York compressor and a reservoir tank in the rear where the spare tire would be.
5.29 gears in both ends. When I got it the rear was welded. I quickly remedied that with a TrueTrac. The front has a Spartan locker for now. TJM wants us to start selling their lockers so I think I'm getting one to try. (At cost of course)

Interior is pretty crawler like. 2 seats..............and that's it! Oh it it does have full doors and a full top!!

That's it for now. I'll keep adding as I get work done. It will be a dual purpose rig. Living so close to all the trails here in the Northern California are means leaving it rubicon ready. But I really want to do a Death Valley trip next year. And the company I work (West Coast Differentials) for goes to Moab every year also so that's on the list for next year.

Last edited:

Jimmy Jack Claypool

Lurking in the shadows
I know!! It's our 19th anniversary this week so I'm being a good husband. My buddies in a green Early Bronco and a Chevy Luv were up there though

Jimmy Jack Claypool

Lurking in the shadows
Also I stored the 37's and beadlocks away and put on the daily driver rims/tires
Stock Tundra wheels and 315/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS
4runner.JPG4runner6.jpg
before after

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach