Back home, still raining....How do I dry out the RTT???

Toyotacrawler

She's got the jimmy legs
Hey guys,
We have a Tepui Autana RTT that we used for the first time over the 4th of July. Camping conditions were, well, very unfavorable. Rainfall amounts were approaching 10-12 inches and everything eventually got saturated. We left during the rain so obviously I had to close the tent up wet. Now at home, it is still raining and is going to do so all day today and tomorrow as well. The tent has been packed up for about 24hrs at the moment.
What do I do?
Should I leave the tent closed and wait for dry weather or should I open it so it doesn't mildew?
If I leave it closed up until Wednesday, will it mildew?
:confused:

Last edited:

Toyotacrawler

She's got the jimmy legs
That's an idea. Not sure just my wife and I can get it off by ourselves. Wait...how did you know we had a garage...:D

DaveNay

Adventurer
Do you need to drive the vehicle? If not, I would just set the tent up even in the rain, it will breathe far better set up than packed away, even if it's getting rained on. They are, after all, designed to get rained on.

taco9999

My girlfriend and I got our same tent off really easy. I made a small plastic tent for it and turned on the dehumidifier. didnt even open tent. Just took the cover off and propped open just a little. Took care of it quick ad fully dried out.

Toyotacrawler

She's got the jimmy legs

Thanks for everybody's ideas! We got it off and opened it up in the garage with one dehumidifier in the tent and a fan blowing on it from outside. The annex is hanging on the clothesline. It's raining off and on but at least its not wrapped up in a bag mildewing.

Toyotacrawler

She's got the jimmy legs
I posted a reply way earlier with a pic but it hasn't been approved yet. Thanks guys for all the idea's! We ended up opening it up in the garage. We put a dehumidifier inside it and have a fan blowing on it from the outside. Thanks again for all the replies.

Toyotacrawler

She's got the jimmy legs
How did the tent hold up in the rain while you were at camp?

It held up very good for the first 12 hours or so. After that some of the seams started weeping. This rain was a constant soaking downpour. I do not believe that any tent would have held up to the amount of rain that was thrown at this one. Bottom line, we stayed dry while sleeping. We would have been soaked with a tent from wally world or Target IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy