best muti-purpose gps?

budski

just needed a few suggestions on a gps. I needed one that I could use in the city and backroads along with being able to use it on foot for geocaching. Im still learning, but was needing some ideas OR would I be better off getting two seperate ones?

esh

Explorer
I don't know about best, but maybe cheapest solid all-arounder is probably a Garmin 60csx, bought used off ebay or craigslist (find one already decked out).

zigsrig

Adventurer
X2 for the 60CSX. Great for trail riding & exploring, and small enough to take with you in your backpack.

here it is in my Jeep.

IMG00041.jpg

KG6BWS

Explorer
i dont have much experience with any other units, but i do like my combination of a lowrance baja 540c in the truck and a garmin etrex for geocaching, hunting, etc.

i like the 540 because of the size of its screen and the etrex fits nicely in a pocket.

jcbrandon

Explorer
I've been using a Garmin Colorado 400 for about six months now. Very happy with it. The 400 T model comes pre-loaded with topo maps. You can add city maps with typical find-a-Starbucks functionality. The ipod-style interface is unusual compared to other GPS receivers I've used. I find it much faster to work with, particularly for entering names of waypoints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design