Black Series Sergeant

Jclick45

Hey guys, looking for some advice! I searched here but really couldn't find anything.

I am looking at a black series sergeant, it's in my town, went and looked, looked really nice. Ultra crappy welds on the tongue to chassis, but I can repair that. Other than that it looked really nice.

What little I have found online, doesn't seem to be good! Who has experience with black series trailers? Should I avoid it? What issues are you guys having? Thank you in advance for the advice!

JC

Kep01

China made. Should be able to find a tag someplace on it stating so. Parts are hard to get and a lot of the plumbing and electrical has issues over time. Overall if it’s priced right you can buy with the intention of being able to replace when it gives issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jclick45

Thanks Kep01, I do believe it is China made ??. I certainly would be ok with small things like plumbing issues, but if the doors fall off and tent tears up, that would royally suck. I've seen both good and bad reviews. Anyone have one on here that would tell me NOT to buy it?

Kep01

I’m a distributor for another brand of trailer that is on a higher level than the black series but I wouldn’t be afraid to buy one as long as it has been taken care of and it would have to be at a price of about 30-40% off what a new one is. Just my .2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jclick45

I'm not exactly sure what a new one would cost exactly, this is listed at 7500, was planning to offer a bit less. Honestly it is showroom new, 2020 model. It ended up being just too big for a single guy so he never used it.

torotech

Did you end up pulling the trigger? I'm in the same boat. There is a dealer nearby with 2 of them in great shape and the price is nice. Was thinking if I pulled the trigger I'd still have about $5k to make modifications and still be lower then something like an Opus OP4 which are hard to come by nearby let alone at a good price. I don't need something right away so I'll have plenty of time to mess around with it before a big expedition next summer.

I'm not exactly sure what a new one would cost exactly, this is listed at 7500, was planning to offer a bit less. Honestly it is showroom new, 2020 model. It ended up being just too big for a single guy so he never used it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk