Broken Flip Pac Torsion bar/help fixing?/sell As-Is?

skgjco

Any of you that know how to do this deletion of the torsion bar want to estimate the cost of the total repair?

This is what I have and really don't know much about how to fix it, even after looking at some great torsion bar/deletion posts.
IMG_3515.JPGIMG_3508.JPG

Can anyone estimate the AS-IS value in the fiberglass shell to sell it broken? I have no idea the shape of the tent, I inherited this truck with the FlipPac.
Would love to make this work but it is way over my head (mechanically and height wise!)
Broken flip pac is currently in Colorado.
Thank you!
Shannon

billy bee

Adventurer
Hi Shannon,

These are very useful camper shells. So, I'd encourage you to find a way to use it. Maybe Martyn at AT can help you get it fixed up.

One concern: it appears that there is some delamination in the lid at the corner near the broken bar. It would be unusual for there to be delam there as it usually a occurs at the other hinge, but it looks like the lid is coming apart. Maybe post up some clearer pix of that.

If that is the case, the value is very little with a broken bar and a lid that's coming apart. There is one for sale here and the lid is delaminating at the hinge. Difficult fix. If all that is wrong with yours is the torsion bar, I would say the shell is still worth several hundred dollars. If the lid is coming apart and the torsion bar is broken, I'd say it is worth next to nothing. The torsion bar is a (relatively) easy fix. The lid repair is a different story.

Hope that helps,
bb

raftercat

Flip-Pac

If the tent is good I would consider buying it as is. Have friends in Colorado who could check it out for me. Raftercat in Montana

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77