Budget X2 battery on the FJ

ryguy

Adventurer
Finally doin' the dual battery thing but tryin to keep it cheap with the baby on the way. Fabbed the battery box today which looked harder than it really was. Not my best work but it will do for now. I made the box big enough for the odyssey which I hope to get inthe future.
battbox1.jpg

battbox2.jpg

Picked up a red top on clearance for $90, not my first choice obviously but can't beat the price.
batt1.jpg

batt2.jpg

The wiring happens tomorrow

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
Which kit are you using, or are you just building your own kit? This is one mod we really need.

landshark23

are you using the Red top battery for your starting batter and some sort of deep cell for the other the red tops are not that good at being depleted and recharge like the yellow top and blue tops are.

cruiserlarry

One Crazy FJ
Dirty Parts, Inc., in Los Angeles, CA (310-390-9086) makes an FJ-specific dual battery kit that is easy to install, and works flawlessly. They have been in use since the FJ was released, nd have been installed on FJs worldwide. It is not cheap, in either price or quality, but it is the best one available. :)

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
Dirty Parts, Inc., in Los Angeles, CA (310-390-9086 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************310-390-9086******end_of_the_skype_highlighting) makes an FJ-specific dual battery kit that is easy to install, and works flawlessly. They have been in use since the FJ was released, nd have been installed on FJs worldwide. It is not cheap, in either price or quality, but it is the best one available. :)

Finally doin' the dual battery thing but tryin to keep it cheap with the baby on the way.

Think ya missed the point..

Nice job ryguy, watch that Red top they do not like being drained.

ryguy

Adventurer
Nice job ryguy, watch that Red top they do not like being drained.
I've heard that too, its gonna be my staring battery when I can afford the odyssey. I've gotta put in a luna solenoid instead of the one that came with the kit cuz it don't work. I'm having a hard time contacting the company I bought it from so i'll keep you updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy