Bush Company Awning

Nathansharkey80

That looks like the best awning I have checked out so far. When will they sell it in America?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shade

Anyone have experience with this awning from Bush Company? They make the Alpha RTT.

Similar construction to the Kinsmen 270, but the Bush is about 9 lbs lighter (aluminum vs. steel).

Last edited:

shade

"The structure of the awning is made from an extruded alloy composite which has been specifically designed to provide the elasticity, strength and durability we required."
Not to say it isn't a fine product, but that sounds like marketing bunk to me. They're making awnings, not turbine blades, so I doubt this company has custom metallurgy being performed. More likely, they selected an alloy that best met their needs. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'd rather they just stated the alloy used than try to jazz it up.

U.S. distributor: https://www.thebushcompany.com/contact-us/the-bush-company-usa/
If someone contacts them, I'm curious about the price and measurement of the footprint. 8.1 square meters isn't enough detail.

Wrt Kinsmen, I checked the current weights, and the Kinsmen is reported to be 9 pounds heavier.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I too like Kinsmen, but with his new baby, I hear he won't be focusing on his awning much for a while. Also, I believe he had to find a new sewing partner. Still in the US, just not Blue Ridge.

Just wish Kinsmen would use aluminum. Every pound counts.

shade

I too like Kinsmen, but with his new baby, I hear he won't be focusing on his awning much for a while. Also, I believe he had to find a new sewing partner. Still in the US, just not Blue Ridge.

I saw that he updated the page to reflect the new production time.

I'm a weight watcher, but for only a nine pound advantage, the weight savings offered by the aluminum Bush isn't much. It'd be more telling if the actual dimensions of the deployed Bush were known, since differences in wind load could have an impact on durability. A really slick structure would be made of carbon fiber, but that might be a little expensive, even compared to these options.

pigeonfarmboy

Good to know, thank you.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Looks good in the vid. 27 kilos is 60 pounds. a bit heavy really to hang off the side of my roof rack. No explanation in the vid of mounting it. Needs more research.

hatchtrikk

I may have a few extra awnings when my first container lands later this month. Price is 1,450US. the back of the awning has the same extrusion as the sides of the Alpha so you simply slide a stainless M8 bolt into the channel and mount it as needed. There are brackets for mounting the 270XT directly to the Alpha and there are also universal Tbrackets the allow you to attach the awning to most racks. It is roughly 8 feet long and the arms are the same, so however much coverage that yields (you'll have to math that, I won't lie to ya) As far as the metal goes, I'll ask HQ next time I chat with them so I can provide better detail.

We had ours deployed in 30-40 mph winds out in West Texas over Thanksgiving. Gusty as well. I was really impressed with how little the awning moved. The heavy canvas coupled with truss construction is awesome.

I'll try to get some pics up.

Happy New Year everyone!

Rex Guardione

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3