Cab over bed floor replacement

oddball

I posted this on Wander The West, I have an 85 Fleet that im trying to replace the cab over bed floor on. The p/o removed the old rotted particle board floor out, my question is should I use marine plywood or pressure treated plywood? Also it looks pretty hard to just wrestle a new floor back in. I'm thinking of cutting it in sections to get it back in and then bracing the floor, anybody done this and have ideas or tips? Thanks

Robert

rdraider

Adventurer
the teardrop trailer people suggest good quality birch plywood. Some will also tell you that any good quality exterior grade ply will work. From what i've read, stay away from the luan ply at the big stores, it has inferior glue.

I'm starting my own homemade pop up slide in camper for a short wide ford 1/2 ton. I can't afford a nice FWC like i want. I will be using 1/4 exterior grade ply, the big blue store carries 2 grades, a construction grade and a project grade. Both are exterior grade, $5 difference. The project grade has a smoother surface which will save time in sanding. I will coat with epoxy to water proof. And use some marine grade paint for uv protection.

eugene

Explorer
I've always read to not use pressure treated for anything like a camper or kitchen or such. The offgassing from the PT will stay inside and isn't good to breathe.

oddball

Yeah I researched it more and found that out too, I guess I'm going with the marine plywood. Thanks for the reply's

Robert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal