Finally got around to doing something with the ugly rear diff. Been wanting to do this for a while but it's a tedious job and I somewhat avoided it. Anyway basically I washed it, wire brushed it to clean off any loose paint and heavy rusting. As bad as it looked it appears to be structurally sound and only surface rust. I have so far done 1 coat of POR15 and plan to do 2 more over the next day and a half (6 hour dry time, work and sleep)
Spent the last 2 months of my free time re configuring my bed setup. Didn't like the tire hanging off the back as it made the truck pretty long and it did drag on some things while off-roading a few times. Moved it onto a bushinged hinge in the front passenger side. Fuel and water were being kept in the rear foot canopy use but with that gone I moved them to front driverside along with the CO2 tank that was previously behind the drivers seat. I added a false floor to house a new 40" Plano gun case that I outfitted for my camp kitchen, a folding table and a "drawer" that holds nearly all my recovery gear. On top of that I added a telescopic tent rack that gives me an extra 11" of height for better use of the annex.