Cramming Your Family Into Your Truck: A Field Guide

bkrobbie

Observer
Hi all -

I've got a bunch of great and inspirational advice from the forums and people here over the years and, in some small way, am hoping to pay it forward.

I've started a blog detailing our travels, but the short story is that I quit my job this summer, loaded my wife and two young girls into the back of our Toyota Tacoma, and we decided we'd drive diagonally across North America in a "Land's End to Land's End" maneuver... from Forillon, Quebec, to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

With all that said, we've tackled a number of issues with regard to outfitting the vehicle, packing, travel, and have just upgraded our tent situation.

To the degree any of this is helpful to other families, or alternatively, to the degree that anyone reads this stuff and has good advice for us, please do chime in.

Cheers,

R.

SARguru

Observer
Looks very interesting, I have bookmarked your blog and will read it in detail.

Quick tips during your travel thru the USA... Mcdonalds sells ice bags for 1.00 cheaper than the store and bags appear slighlty bigger, as for potable water i found that i can get it for free at RV dump stations, versus buying from the store.

Safe travels

Nic
Ottawa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete