Cube Trailer

DRAX

You lost me at htpp forestriver

Ok, take your pick of another expanding hardside trailer then...and I bet it's cheaper. If it weren't for the price it wouldn't be too bad, IMO. An off-road trailer it isn't, though, but they're asking a premium price that I think they're going to have a hard time justifying.

Hard to really tell anything without seeing one in person or even legit pics of the trailer, particularly of how it's constructed.

Treefarmer

I love that they call it 4-season. I wonder what TreeFarmer will have to say about that. :D
We've been lacking some entertainment lately and here you go and provide it. Are you out of popcorn yet? As a certified ******** slinging monkey, I'd have to say anything is is 4 season and full time living capable if you're a tough enough son of a **********. That said, it does meet the needs of a certain segment of the market. :)

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

It looks interesting. All you see are renderings because it's a start up (on the trailers) and goodness you have to start somewhere. I believe they are leaning toward Timbrens, Aluminum chassis, 16-18 inches of ground clearance and fitting in a 7 feet garage. That would make this trailer very unique. It's so light weight Timbren HD makes sense to me and could help keep the cost maybe below 45k. This would definitely be worth much more then anything at htpp..forestriver.thor.jayco.
Watch this space

EPO

Looking at the camper (not the trailer), it says it fits mid size trucks but the photo shows it sticking out the bed of a full size truck. Not sure what is going on there. I don't see two sizes listed.

Also, does the bed have support is it basically a cot with perhaps a mattress on it?

Grassland

Locally an R-POD is $39,999 CAD.
Years ago, like 2017-18, the "off road" pop ups with canvas from Thor or Forest River, were 20-25k CAD. I'd have to drive several provinces over to see in the high teens, or try to import from the USA for $12k USD, and then deal with our weak dollar and the import fees of the time.
Realistically in today's market, $45k USD isn't out to lunch depending on what type of components they use or the building materials and construction practices. Along with how the frame is made and what kind of suspension it has.

This is somewhat interesting to me.
Our Escape 19 was $42k CAD when we ordered it in 2020 for a 21 build date. It's gone up about $8k since then. On a proven, long term platform where the assembly line and procedures are already worked out.

46k USD is still too rich for my blood, but if prices came down and the product is good quality it really piques my interest

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
I love that they call it 4-season. I wonder what TreeFarmer will have to say about that. :D

The "4-seasons" refers to the length of time you will wait (after placing a deposit) to find out this is yet another woulda-coulda-shoulda-didn't-materialize vapourware dream.

Can't believe people put up freaking renderings next to a dollar figure and expect to be taken seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy

Members online