Current price on M101CDN?

w squared

Observer
Hi folks

I tried a search, but the most recent thread I could find with a similar suggested price was dated from '07.

What is a fair price for an M101CDN with some surface rust on the fenders and inside the box at the rear? It is otherwise in original condition - still has military tires and wheels, as well as the 24V lighting.

The trailer is local to me, so if this gent's asking price is reasonable I might look pretty hard at this.

Airborne Lee

Observer
Price is subjective. It is worth what someone will pay. If this is the trailer I think it is, then it is the Canadian version of the US M416. These seem to be selling in original condition (without any refurbishing) around $650 ish. I've seen good ones go for over $800 and bad ones go for $250.

Make sure the one you are buying is without rust holes with a straight frame. Surface rust is to be expected. The tub should not be too dented and should be square. If not keep looking they are out there. It will be less expensive to drive a bit for the right trailer than try to fix one down the street.

lowenbrau

Explorer
I haven't checked lately but WestEd had lots for $750 each. Anything less is a deal but in twenty years you won't regret the $1200 you had to pay in 2009. My M100 is still giving good service after 55 years of use.

IggyB

Adventurer
I think I paid $1100 in 2003.

As long as you're paying under that, you're OK. And if you really, really want one then pay whatever is being asked. :)

I can give you the .PDF manual of one if you want it.

What is the price asked?

Price is subjective. It is worth what someone will pay. If this is the trailer I think it is, then it is the Canadian version of the US M416. These seem to be selling in original condition (without any refurbishing) around $650 ish. I've seen good ones go for over $800 and bad ones go for $250.

Make sure the one you are buying is without rust holes with a straight frame. Surface rust is to be expected. The tub should not be too dented and should be square. If not keep looking they are out there. It will be less expensive to drive a bit for the right trailer than try to fix one down the street.

I would have to disagree. If you get one for $800 your still getting a good deal. ive seen them go for over $1200 for a nice one. The M101s are much nicer platform to start with.

d0ubledown

Observer
i paid $1000 for mine in jan. seller was asking 1200 in nov last year, and wouldnt take 8-900. minor surface rust, 12v adapter, had a tailgate cut in already, otherwise all stock and overall good shape...so i jumped on it. anywhere around 7-8 bills for bit of a project or a seller in a hurry/steal of a deal, or 9-1200 for a ready to run are about reasonable price ranges.

...and yes the cdn M101/Iltis is a far better platform than the M416

w squared

Observer
He's asking $1100 Canadian.

I've only got two pictures to go by, but the rust looks to only be surface rust. I can see a bit on the bottom rear seam of the tub, and some on the front portion of the passenger side fender.

The tub would be a no-brainer for me, as I do own a grinder and would want to Herculine it anyways :sombrero:

To be honest with you, the priority for my disposable income right now is finishing a series of modifications to my Jeep ( 2m/70cm radio, new tires, new chains, storage, herculiner on the tub, and soft doors...and maybe a set of AEV beadlocks:drool:)

Because I have the 4 door JK, my available storage space means that it won't bother me to do without a trailer for another year or two - but I didn't want to pass up a good deal on a local trailer that I think would suit my future needs quite well.

Thanks for the input folks - much appreciated.

willyswagon

Adventurer
I paid $800 Canadian for mine back in Sept. It was in good shape, stored in doors until 2 yrs ago. Some surface rust on frame, but nothing bad. I had to drive 4 hrs each way to get it. So if you count my time, fuel, and bridge fares, it is about the same $$ as the one you are looking at.

gasman

Adventurer
if anybody is interested i found 3 cnd m101's in cornwall ontario.. they appear to be in very good shape with little to no rust. scratches surface type stuff.. there are no tailights and he is wanting them gone 600.00 canadian dollars each.. i was gonna pick up another one but its a 6.5 hour drive from niagara falls one way.. thats like 300 bucks in gas so not a deal for me....

brentbba

Explorer
Not to hijack this thread, but M101 related...anyone know a source for the triangle reflectors on these trailers? Mine is coming w/o them.

gaberelli

Observer
I spent $1300 on mine. It was in perfect shape. He claimed the price was worth it for the extra value his wheels and tires he put on it. I acquiesced even though I knew I would be immediately taking them off. I think that $1000 is fair for one in good condition. I had to weigh that fact against the reality that I couldn't find any other source near me.

0828091341.jpg

Airborne Lee

Observer
Not to hijack this thread, but M101 related...anyone know a source for the triangle reflectors on these trailers? Mine is coming w/o them.

Got my relectors at Croft Trailer for a dollar or so each.

You guys are paying a lot more than I would have but regardless, they are worth it. Mine paid for itself after a year by eliminating trailer rentals and delivery charges! Go for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven