CVT Mt. St. Helens (hard shell) for Sale $950 OBO in Las Vegas, NV

702krawler

Adventurer
I few months back, I took delivery of my teardrop trailer, but kept my RTT thinking I'd use it when I didn't want to drag the trailer behind me. So far, that hasn't happened, and it is taking up valuable space in my garage, so it's for sale.

I bought it about two years ago, and with the exception of actual trips, and two additional weeks, it has been kept in the garage. I am 6'1", and have comfortably slept in it both by myself, and with my girlfriend. If you are more than an inch or so taller than me, I would not recommend this as the tent for you, as it will start to get cramped. Also, more than two adults would not be comfortable, so this isn't a family tent. Living in the desert southwest, I've never had it out in a rain storm, but I can say that it seems to hold up well in high winds (much less noise than a well-staked ground tent, no real movement). The 3" foam mattress is quite comfortable. I've had it mounted both on a box trailer with roof rack, and on the top of my Xterra. The ladder is adjustable enough to accommodate both scenarios. The ladder could easily go another 12" higher than my stock Pro-4x ride height without issue. It has doors on both sides of the tent with small awnings (and sides I've removed but they zip back on), and windows on each end.

I paid $2500 for it new (though I've seen others have spent less via group buys). The going "used" price seems to be around $1,000 on here. It has been on approximately seven trips, for a total of probably 20 nights.

Below are overall pics of the tent (lantern shown in interior shot not included, I just needed light to take the photos):

IMG_20150106_192150.jpg
IMG_20150106_192744.jpg
IMG_20150106_193107.jpg
IMG_20150106_193439.jpg

As for known "issues", they are as follows (all references to direction are from the perspective of looking at the tent from the front of the vehicle as it would be mounted):

1. The front left side of the hard shell has a small gap when closed (see pic below). It has never caused me an issue, and it is still "covered" by the top of the hard shell, but some might not like it. It has been this way since I bought it, so I would not expect it to change.

IMG_20150106_192213.jpg

2. There is a very small hole in the back left corner of the tent, where it attaches to the bottom of the hard shell. This is likely from rubbing. It could be very easily patched.

IMG_20150106_192824.jpg

3. There is a small tear on one side of the mattress, from me putting the ladder in "hooks down". The mattress can easily be turned over, or patched, or both. The motorcycle key is to show scale, I'm not throwing it in the deal.

IMG_20150106_193340.jpg

4. On the front end of the tent (when expanded), there is what can best be described as a number of tiny pinholes in the canvass, that you can notice in bright sun. This is another minor defect that has been there since I bought it. You can't really see it in the below pic, but that is the wall of the tent it is on for reference.

IMG_20150106_193146.jpg

I am not willing to ship the tent, local pick-up only. If you have a friend whose judgement you trust who wants to come view the tent, be sure it meets your needs, pay me, and ship it to you, that works too. Otherwise, I'm generally available weekday evenings and weekends pretty much any time with advance notice. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here, or PM me.

Last edited:

1v6pony

Adventurer
just sent you a PM, buddy is very interested, need contact info i do not think he is a member.
Brad

1v6pony

Adventurer
Just wanted to forward a thank you from my friend who received the tent. He appreciated the accurate description of the tent so their were no surprises, he was very thankful to get it. and will be well used.
Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven