Dagger Dimension

kerry

Expedition Leader
Picked up a Dagger Dimension off Craigslist today. Had my eye open for one for a number of years. Hard to find nowadays. Should be a good tandem whitewater tripping boat. Good condition too. Don't think I've ever run across a Steve Scarborough design I didn't like.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I have two Daggers, a Magellan and a Crossover, and both are great boats! I'm sure the Dimension will be no different!

Now....you need to go to Baja to try it out!

-H-

93223466_pTL2g-M.jpg

kerry

Expedition Leader
Looks like it's first ventures will be the South Platte, North Platte and Rio Chama. I'm afraid it would be a real dog in the Baja. Outfitting it now. Need to move a few thwarts, re-locate some thigh strap anchors, and put the knee pads in a better place. Somebody had installed the bow seat backwards.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Some pictures:

Attachments

• dimension for net.jpg
    dimension for net.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 101
  • dimension 2 for net.jpg
    dimension 2 for net.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 81
  • dimension4 for net.jpg
    dimension4 for net.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 79

Chriscanoe

Observer
That is a sweet open boat. I had a Dagger Encore back in the day, they were great boats. Too bad they are not being made now.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
I have a Dagger caption that I have been thinking about selling. It has never been in the water lol! I never got around to rigging it and never seem to have time to prioritize to that project.

kerry

Expedition Leader
That Caption is a really nice boat. I went from paddling a Probe 14 tandem to a Caption and it was a world of difference. Caption was much faster accelerating and smoother in turns. The Probe 14 would spin on a dime though.

I've paddled the Dimension on a couple of trips so far. It's slower than a Starburst but is a very stable boat. I paddled the North Platte from Six Mile Gap at pretty high water with my 14 yr old daughter. It was the first time she had paddled pushy technical water in a loaded boat and our communication skills were not up to par. We dropped over one large pour over to my offside and I thought for sure we would be swimming. To my delight, the Dimension acted as if it was an everyday event and we ended up going downstream backwards with a boatful of water but still upright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal