Damaged Mombasa RTT - SoCal

CYi5

Explorer
Back in August I had the unfortunate opportunity of being in a multiple rollover in my old Tacoma. I had my mombasa RTT (racktents.com) tent mounted across the bedrails. Pretty sure it was ejected after the first or second roll, as it was no longer mounted when the vehicle came to a rest.

The overall tent is in perfect condition, as is the top base which the ladder mounts to. The real damage occurred to the base platform that mounts to your rack. The internal frame was broken and the aluminum sheeting and Styrofoam insulation were compromised. The hinge brackets are also bent, but could be bent back easily.

If you are familiar with the construction of these tents, they have metal rails along the sides that the zipper slides into. These are also in good condition, with the exception of a two inch section at the end of one of them.

If you have the time for a nice winter project and don't mind building a new base for this tent, this deal is for you.

Included:
Mombasa RTT
Extension ladder
Foam Mattress
Stock grey cover + double thick tan cover replacement (wear at seams on both).
Homefab bed crossmembers to fit 95.5-04 bedrails (had mounted to Can-back bedrails)

I'm graduating in a week and simply don't have the time to fix it myself. If you are seriously interested, come pick it up, otherwise don't come to look at it and not buy it, it sucks to pull out and setup when it's not mounted on a vehicle. Pictures
Will not ship, local pickup at my place only.

Price: $250

CYi5

Explorer
Sorry, the originals didn't get uploaded for some reason, I took some more.

Just click the pictures link again, it's updated. Thanks.

CYi5

Explorer
Closed: 47in (L) x 55in (W) x 12in (H)
Open: 94in (L) x 55in (W)

Weight (lbs.): 120 lbs

Tent fabric: 300D Rip-Stop Fabric w/PU Coating

Rainfly: 200D Polyester Fabric w/PVC Coating

Flooring: Insulated Aluminum Sheet

Tent Frame: Aluminum alloy

Mattress: Foam 2.5in (H) x 94in (L) x 55in (W)

Ladder Specifications: Aluminum Telescopic Ladder Adjustable From 45in up to 81in

pray4surf

Explorer
What a great deal!

Sure wish $ wasn't so tight right now.. Not that you need it, but good luck on the sale!

I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish....

CYi5

Explorer
Thanks surf. I'll be having a free/dirt cheap liquidation sale of a lot of my Toyota stuff shortly as well, time to liquidate those assets :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat