Exceptional 2008 Toyota Tacoma, Prepared by AT Overland

Okatomen

Observer
After 2 years of building out this truck and long before I imagined I would be selling it, it's time to pass my 2008 Tacoma along to the next lucky adventurer. My company has a new vehicle, a Jeep built in partnership with AEV and AT Overland as part of the ongoing JK Habitat project, and we simply can't justify two overland trucks.

AT Overland did most of the prep for this Tacoma. It's absolutely first rate. You can see a detailed summary of their work in the 6 part video series on their website: http://www.adventuretrailers.com/truckvideo.html

The truck is a 2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, Double Cab, Long Bed, automatic trans in bright red with grey interior. It's got 74,000 miles, and it's in very good condition, no rust, tires have a ways to go, everything is spotlessly clean.

Here's the list of modifications:

Red 2008 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 4.0L 5 speed auto, long bed
AFE stainless exhaust
ARE Z Series cap
Defender one-piece steel roof rack mounted on cap
Thule bike rack (for two bikes)
48” Hi-Lift Extreme mounted to Defender roof rack
2X PIAA 1500 and 2X LED flood back up lights
2X PIAA 510 HID fog lights
6X LED Rock Lights mounted under truck
2X KC HID lights on brush guard
ScanGauge2 and Blendmount
K&N cold air intake
5X Walker-Evans Street Lock wheels, satin black
All-Pro steel front winch bumper
Warn 9.5XP winch
Viking 5/16” synthetic winchline with thimble
All-Pro sliders welded on
All-Pro front skid plate
All-Pro Rock Stopper differential armor
Custom extended axle shafts
Custom Deaver spring pack in rear
Custom length 2” Fox Racing shocks in rear with remote reservoirs
Timbren bump stops in rear
All-Pro long travel kit in front
Fox Racing 2.5” coilovers with remote reservoirs in front
Custom rear passenger seat platform for cargo or dog
Custom AT drawer system for bed with VersaTie
ExtremeAir Magnum air compressor mounted in bed compartment
4 gallon air tank under truck with manifold on rear bumper and under front hood
ARB rear air-locker
5.29 gearing with front case upgrade
National Luna dual battery system with 2X Deka AGM batteries
Tilt guage on dash
Aluminess aluminum rear bumper with tire and Jerry can swing arms
3X 5gal Scepter fuel cans
Shovel mounted on ceiling in bed
5X BFG A/T 315/70R17 tires
Fiamma F35 Pro awning mounted on roof rack
2X fire extinguisher (1 in cab, 1 in bed)
Yaesu FT7900R Ham radio and Diamond NR770HA whip antenna
RVS rear view camera with night vision
Engel 35L 12v fridge mounted on Platinum drop slide in bed
Console Vault (center console)
Factory 110V AC inverter
Factory trailer hitch
7X auxiliary 12V outlets throughout truck
Smittybilt GEAR seat covers

The truck is fully "wrapped" with graphics. The asking price assumes keeping the wrap in place (we will cover or remove the company logos before sale), but we can discuss having the wrap removed if the buyer prefers. Most people really like the look, it adds to the uniqueness of the truck, and I think it's nice to keep the paint protected for the trail.

The KBB value of the truck is about $24,000 and I've done roughly $40,000 of modification. That's about $64,000 combined.The asking price was $45,000, but I would like to sell this truck before it sees it's first full New England winter and I add unnecessary commuting miles, so I'm offering the truck for $39,000.

Location: Arlington, MA (truck can be shipped. To AZ costs about $1,200.00 from experience)

Here are a few shots.

NT_Baja_711_P1.jpg
NT_front_711_P1.jpg
NT_passSIDE_711_P1.jpg
NT_engine_711_P1.jpg
NT_interiorREARpass_711_P1.jpg
NT_fridgeSLIDE_711_P1.jpg
NT_interiorDriver_711_P1.jpg
REARp1e.jpg

Last edited:

rlpw

Wow! I've drooled over this truck on the AT web sight since they put up the videos! Wish I had the money or it would be sold.
Good luck with the sale.

shellb

Adventurer
That is a very nice truck! Perfect for someone like me with a wife, 1 kid and a dog...

GLWS!

Brett

IanKay6

I knew I saw this around Arlington! I followed The build up and couldn't believe this truck was just driving around town. Good luck on the sale!

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
That's the Nemo Tents truck isn't it?

REX

Yes it is the NEMO truck, and a very nice truck indeed. Whoever picks up the NEMO Taco will have an expedition ready rig. If anyone has any technical or specification questions about it, feel free to PM me as I coordinated most all of the technical work.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I just saw this thing the other day on 101E in Stratham/Exeter NH. Nice looking!

cc tacoma

Observer
Wow!

This is the truck that I am trying to model mine after. (Though I am nowhere near it at the moment :) ) Great job with the build AT! Also, I must say I have a couple of Nemo products and I absolutely love them. Good luck with the sale. I'm sure that whomever buys it will be well satisfied.

Okatomen

Observer
Guys, thanks for all the positive comments. It's a great truck, as would be expected from AT. To answer the earlier question, here are the corner weights loaded with recovery gear, tools, etc.:

FR: 1407
FL: 1367
RR: 1570
RL: 1638

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad