FG 140 Habitat Size

I am outfitting a 2007 FG140 with a 112 in wheelbase. I am considering mounting an expando van box of a military 5 ton truck. They were built in the 1980 and expand from about a 7ft by 14 ft to a 14ft by 14 ft footprint. They weigh in around 4500lbs. Any thoughts out there on the feasibility of this? My plan is to upgrade the suspension and run super singles. Original specs list GCWR as 17,045lbs with a Max body payload capacity of 8208lbs. With these numbers I don't believe I'm over taxing my rig however I know there are more experienced builders out there. Any advice, comments, ideas appreciated.

biggoolies

Adventurer
I believe you are talking about an empty box with that weight. Once you add everything else in it the weight adds up fast. I would suggest starting with a lighter box. Don’t forget a GVWR “includes” the weight of fuel water passengers your own butt. grey water black water spare tires. Bicycles your girlfriends shoes bla bla bla. By the way. There is a Mitsubishi heavy truck section. This is the incorrect spot for this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk