fire extinguisher mount(s) and locations

RACKMAN

Observer
Looking for ideas on where and how to mount a small (2.5lb) fire extinguisher in my Jeep LJ...pics would be great. thanks

rjcj-8

Adventurer
In my CJ I have them mounted to the floorboard between the door and seat. Real quick and easy to get to, I can reach down and pull one out as I'm getting out.

In the JK they are all the way in the back on the roll bar. Not as quick to get to but out of the way.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: One on each side, right at the floorboard depression at the seat base-

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Immediate access-better shot

11-17Fireex055.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
I 2nd the drake. Very nice piece. I have one in the back. You can build one as well. Fairly simple design. Probably won't look as nice though. I made one for my Excursion a while back. Got the job done.

DSC_4915.JPG

Any one else concerned about mounting the fire extinguisher to the roll bar? It seems to be the most convenient of spots, just makes me wince a little. I've been in a head on collision and its amazing the stuff that comes loose.

toymaster

Explorer
Any one else concerned about mounting the fire extinguisher to the roll bar? It seems to be the most convenient of spots, just makes me wince a little. I've been in a head on collision and its amazing the stuff that comes loose.

No worries at all. My RR holder has enough Velcro to handle any inertial forces from a mass as slight as the fire extinguisher.

IMG-20110921-00200-M.jpg

bobDog

Expedition Leader

Yes me too! Folks who haven't had it happen do not understand. It's amazing what comes loose.....stuff that you were sure wouldnt be a problem. My cell phone was wedged between the dash & windshield so tight I had to prybar it out...was on the console before. Spare was in the backseat! It was cross ratchet strapped in back. The straps were still in place but spare was in seat.....thank God no one was riding there!! Forgot to stow a 10" wrench in back......found it in front passenger floor bucket + much more. Rear floor under rear seat was buckled up 4". This was a parcial heading at 55.....not my fault....just a Surprise....but the a Bates went off...you can't believe what that's like!!:D:D

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp