First montero, exhaust/headers questions

Rustedrebel09

I just bought a 1994 montero sr to use as my mountain ride. I was wondering is there any performance headers being made for these rigs? Also would love to know what exhaust setups you guys are running in your rigs.

Thanks for reading

shov3lbum

Adventurer
I was running a pretty open set-up, no-catalytic convertor (but as many will tell you, the cats on montero/montero sports are already very free flowing) and a very-very small muffler that had a pretty sweet idle and low-rpm rumble, but I drive a manual so higher rpms on the highway completely turned me off to the idea of a louder/free flowing muffler (at least for now, I crave that rumble!)

Otherwise there is a company in Australia Race Performance Works that has pretty sweet parts for Pajero (Montero) and Pajero Sports (Montero Sport) like headers, and even an adapter plate for the Toyota TRD supercharger so you can use it on the 6g72 engine (3.0L).

Headers
46022a7ff25036793dabbdb2985b219f.jpg

And start at this page and select based on your engine, they actually have a lot other parts too for the 6g72 and 6g74 engines both 12v and 24v
Pajero (Montero) Page

Rustedrebel09

Yeah I am just looking in to what I want to do to my Monty first, on all my other cars it's usually exhaust fist. What do guys do for performance on these rigs? Any recommendations on first mods?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
If you plan to wheel or go on offroad expeditions your first mod should be Transfer case gears. plenty of writeups on 4x4wire on the different compatible cases and gearswaps. Rocker panel protection is a close second. Other than that the SR is a great truck stock, depending on how rough of terrain you plan on crossing will be the deciding factor on what to mod next. I've built quite a few Montero's and have a had a hand in many others, it's always the same thing if you don't do the gear and rocker panels early on you'll look back and wish you had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven