For sale: 1999 White 7.3 diesel E350 RB cargo w/barn doors, 135K mile, $8K

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
I originally bought this with grand plans, but time and finances never intersected for me, and now I have to move from my house with a used car lot sized driveway into a small place.

I didn’t know it when I bought the van, but the ‘99 through early ‘01 7.3’s are more sought after because they have forged metal rods that are stronger and can handle more horsepower than the later powdered metal rods.

SMB Forum member dig255 drove the van across country from FL to Southern CA for me. He had to get a fuel leak fixed in the Deep South, and then 60 miles from his house, the brake master cylinder failed. He was able to dive off an off ramp and get it stopped…with the help of a tree. My souvenir was the dent you see in the driver’s side door.

I had it towed to Ultimate Truck Performance in Ventura and they put in a new master cylinder. I drove it from there to Northern CA without further drama. It runs super strong and gets good fuel mileage (15ish mpg with it empty in back).

The previous owner did bigger injectors, a Denso style starter that draws only 660 CCA (versus 1650 stock), and the harpoon and hutch fuel tank mods.

It has Firestone air bags, a trailer hitch, 38-gallon tank, and a 4” cat back exhaust.
There’s no frame or body rust (beyond surface) except the top rear drip rail and a small hole in the roof at the back that leaks; that didn’t bother me as I planned to cut the roof off and put a top on it (see last paragraph). There are some dents and small holes in the floor, and some smaller dings on the body. It also has an oil leak.

I can send you the Carfax from when I bought it.

It’s unregistered; it was previously registered in Florida but I never registered it in California. I have some thoughts on ways to reduce or avoid back registration fees.

It’s not a beauty queen, but it’s priced to sell. If you’ve been looking, you know low-mile, rust-free 7.3’s are getting super hard to find. I only know of one other RB in the western US right now. It’s a window van with a slider, and they’re asking $12K in similar condition with more miles on it.

I have another listing up right now for my toreador red 2002 E150 hightop conversion van. It would pair nicely with this 7.3. One of my many plans was to take the high top off the conversion van, fit it with a CCV canvas and bed, and put it onto this 7.3 to turn it into a pop top. The red van also has rear AC, cruise, and six clean doors with power windows and door locks that you could swap onto this van. If you buy both vans, I’ll make you a deal.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpeg
    IMG_0480.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0486.jpeg
    IMG_0486.jpeg