Foxwing Stability

cwadej

just a guy
I'm about ready to put a Foxwing on my set up. I have a Maggiolina Grand Tour on a '75(ish) Ford Courier bed trailer. I do not have a rack on the tent yet.
I figure the rack will be about 90" above ground. That's an at best on level ground. Foxwing say's their telescoping pole max is 90".

Does anyone know if this is an actual height for the pole? would I have a problem if my rack was 92" Which brings another issue. My mounts are 33' apart, is that far enough? I thought I read somehwere they needed 35" spread for the crossbars.

anywho, How stable would the awning be with no poles going to the ground?

cwadej

just a guy
Thanks for your input. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I really like the Bundu Awning for simplicity, and not needing poles. Price isnt aweful too.

mowerman

Adventurer
I would never use mine without the poles.
Height wise the horizontal poles sag a bit so you have some play in the height, but having said that mine is mounted about a foot lower than where you think yours would be.
Personally I would not be happy with it mounted at 33" apart, but I suppose it depends what you do with the truck.
We tend to push through a lot of trees and stuff so there would be the possibility of ripping it off if mounted that close together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach