From hinged pop-up to full pop-up?

Ok so Me and the wife took the new Roamin chariot camper out this weekend for our first time and have discovered a serious flaw that needs to be addressed. With the hinged pop up the cabover bed is extremely cramped and uncomfortable. With the way it's setup you have to sleep with your head where u climb up and u can't situp or barely turn around up there. I'm short at 5'5" but my wife is about 5'9" so for her it's a no go and if the wife isn't happy we won't be using the camper much. So my question is how would I go about converting it to a full pop-up? Anyone done this or custom built a pop up and might have some ideas. I plan on fully remodeling the camper this winter so will be fixing this issue then.image.jpgimage.jpg

Roamin' Chariot

Have you considered adding to the pull out portion of the bed? If you added a foot you'd pick up quite a bit of foot and head room and I bet you'd still have space for changing and entering the bed.

LuckyDan

Adventurer
If you are handy it shouldn't be too tough depending on the frame construction. If you can, take a look at an FWC and their lift panels. I have a Grandby and they are basically a bi fold panel front and rear with spring loaded piano hinges attached to roof and camper frames. Over at WTW there are a couple threads where people built their own lift panels as part of a repair/remodel.

Good luck however you go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL