FS 1997 3rd gen T4R with RTT and awning

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
SOLD! THE T4R IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

BUT I STILL HAVE THE COLUMBUS RTT FOR $1750 OBO.

1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with rooftop tent and awning

I have had this 4Runner for 2-1/2 years. It had ~200,000 miles on it when I picked it up. It now has 237,xxx miles. Just prior to my purchasing it, the shop had replaced the engine, transmission, and radiator. The newer engine is a Grade A pull. The tranny is a new Toyota rebuild and the aluminum radiator is also new. The timing chain was replaced at that time.

I've gone through the rig cleaning it up and replacing parts as needed. I installed a new Old Man Emu suspension system with 2-1/2” medium coils and sport shocks in the front and 4” heavy duty coils and shocks in the rear. This leveled the rig out getting rid of the rear sag from the worn out suspension previously on it. I had the brakes completely checked out and installed new brake pads in front. I run Castrol 5W30 synthetic oil in the engine. I also added a tow hitch with a 2” receiver plus a new wiring harness. The tires and spare are Mastercraft (Cooper) 265/75R16 LTRs on Lexus 16X8 aluminum alloy rims. Although it has seen a lot of miles the truck runs like a top!

It has a new Kenwood HD Bluetooth capable radio and CD player. It works great for handsfree telephone operation. It also works with iPods, etc.

This is the second Toyota the rooftop tent and Fiamma awning have been attached to. The tent is an AutohomeUS Columbus medium. I dented the left front corner of it, and did a fiberglass repair to it. The tent works beautifully, has no rips or tears, and comes with a heavy duty portable ladder.

The awning is a Fiamma Pro F35 7.5' X 8.0'. I am including a OEM center brace that mounts below the extended awning and makes it much more rigid and wind tolerant.

There is also a set of General Altimax Arctic studded snow tires on Toyota 16x7 five star rims. They are in excellent shape.

We have traveled all over the west together and have had many overlanding adventures. SWMBO wanted me to get something newer. She doesn't like climbing out of the RTT in the middle of the night, so I bought a 2011 SR5 4Runner. Time for this little sweetie to go.

The price for everything is $7,500 OBO, warts and all. LOCATION: Spokane, WA

Phone, text, or email me for further information. I really need to sell this setup. 509-844-4560 dale.avery@comcast.net

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 2,659
  • IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

Advo

I 2nd the location request. Does it have the rear differntial locker?
Very nice rig and looks like you've had fun with it.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Sorry about that fellows, I'll edit the ad. No it does not have a rear diff. I had talked to Torfab about installing the rear axle off a TRD with the rear axle, but the new rig showed up first.

It is located in Spokane, WA

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
If you think the price is a bit high, make me an offer I can't refuse. I'm starting to farkle up the new 2011 T4R SR5! :wings:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I forgot to mention that I have the Harken Hoist setup that allows you to store the RTT at ceiling level in your garage. Great place to park it during the off season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven