FS: 1997 Land Rover Discovery w/spare parts and extra engine/trans

marin

The Disco is SOLD. I do have parts and the engine, transmission, center diff remaining.

I am selling my 1997 Land Rover Discovery project vehicle.

Here is where it started:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/120548-The-New-Guy-and-his-Discovery

Unfortunately do to a loss in my family I stopped working on the truck in Feb last year and finally have come around to selling it.

The Discovery is an Arizona car with zero rust anywhere and has 165,000 on the odo. It runs perfect and shifts strong with no smoking, knocking or burning of oil. The A/C and heat work well along with every other feature on the car. The only current issue, as with all Discos, it leaks a drip of black rain here and there.

What I have done so far:
1. Changed the Heater Core.
2. Changed the radiator.
3. Installed a TerraFirma 2" lift.
4. Replaced rear side window gaskets.
5. Replaced all window gaskets.
6. Repaired all door lock solenoids.
7. Replaced all of the interior speakers with Pioneer 4" and Pyle Mid-bass drivers in the rear door.
8. Repaired and cleaned up any wiring that was hacked into over the years (mostly audio)
9. Installed a new headliner.
10. Replaced the carpeting with clean and great condition from donor car.
11. Repaired power seats and switches.
12. Flushed oil, power steering and coolant.
13. Replaced front Headlights.
14. Replaced rear taillights.
15. Repaired rear locking mechanism.
16. Many other things that I cannot remember.
17. Replace all keys (doors and ignition)

What you get:
1. The car :)
2. An extra 4.0 engine, Transmission, T-case from donor car with 80,000 miles on it
3. Full brand new gasket kit for engine (Valve cover, Oil pan, Rear main, Exhaust, intake, etc.)
4. Brand new rear ladder (uninstalled)
5. Taillight guards
6. An extra OME 2" lift
7. Brand new rear window gasket (Did not get a chance to change this but can if you would like)
8. Poly bushing for the whole suspension (some installed)
9. Various interior door and side panels
10. Speedo from donor with 80K on the odo
11. Various exterior parts (Headlights, Side Mirrors, Grill, etc.)
12. Extra set of seat covers
13. All of the parts on the cart in the picture (You can restore a second disco if you get ambitious)
14. New Steering Pump lines

There are many other things to mention but I don't want to bore you while reading this so let me know if you have any questions.

You can see more picks here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46146866@N05/sets/72157651128181506/

I am looking to get $5,200 for all of this. It is less than I have spent so far but hoping that someone would finish it as it is a shame to see this all go to waste. If you have a different offer, let me know I am open to discussing it. I might be open to a trade as well if it is something worthwhile.

20150305_175801.jpg

20150305_175817.jpg

Last edited:

jjstahl3

Explorer
what sort of interior pieces do you have extra of? my door cards and some interior trim is broken and would be interested in some if you have them?

marin

Sorry for the late reply just got back from a trip. Sent you a PM

Pieces include, door panels, instrument surround, switches, rear interior panels, center stack, shifter surround, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk