Fuso Crew Cab Cantor 4wd on Ebay

haven

Expedition Leader
off road only

the seller says this Canter can't be licensed for road use. Pretty cool if you had a large farm, however!

Chip Haven

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Chip;
That is an unusual vehicle - nice find. The vendor claims 40-50 mpg .......I find that VERY hard to believe, even with a 1 litre diesel. What do you think?
Cheers
Mark

kerry

Expedition Leader
Not that different a mileage than a Jetta TDI with a bigger engine? Perhaps it's possible.

canucksafari

Adventurer
Very nice. I have been searching the JDM markets for one of these. Seems to be a few of them in Australia. JDMs newer than 25 years can be imported for off-road use only in the US. There is a dealership 20 min just across the boarder from Abbotsford which sells JDM off-road and farm trucks. These JDM Crew Cab Fuso aren't seen that often in Japan. For the winning bid of $7600 US, it would be worth it for a Canadian to buy it and store it with a friend in the US for two years.

762X39

Explorer
I think this truck is a KEI or microcar (although I thought the microcars were supposed to have a max engine size of 660cc). There is a dealer for these in Kitchener.I have been given permission to buy one (gas powered Honda) anytime I want by she who must be obeyed. The fuel economy is close to what is expected of one. Those tires are probably 13 inches.

canucksafari

Adventurer
:oops: Guess I should have looked more carefully. At first glance it is just like double cab fuso I have seen on line right down to the colour.

There must be a way to make these vehicles road legal in Canada that are imported for off road. I know of a couple mine trucks (imported only for off road mine use) which are now gracing the roads of Canada.

Fishenough

Creeper
There's too many contradictions in that Ebay listing; first it's listed as a 1995 Mitsubishi Carry Truck but it's a Canter in those pictures, it has the 6 bolt 15" rims of the Canter, the 6 bolt wheels of a canter not the 5 bolt of a Carry, a 1 liter naturally aspirated diesel in a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck (come on), all those differences aside it would just look smaller if it was a Kei truck , a quad cab Carry would look more like this -
images

But, but for $7600 buying that quad cab Canter with locking diffs, like Canucksafari suggested would be a sweet deal. And a good excuse for a road trip.

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Yes its a full size definately not k-class. Cantor's are 3/4 ton and have Montero running gear, usually the montero rear axle = 31 spline, 33.5mm diameter, diff = 9.5" diameter or rear axle = 33 spline, 36mm diameter, diff = 9.5" diameter and there's one other axle option that i cant seem to find specs on at the moment but it's a 34 spline variant of the first two. I just found this forum and thought i'd post here, because i'm planning on building a fuso and found this forum with other people who have the same interests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach