Getting the Rav4 out (light camping/fishing)

lude4life

2u7nnls.jpg

Heading out to the lake for some camping and fishing for the weekend. Still need to get some next size up AT tires on her. But got her loaded up and boat in tow. Can surprisingly pack a lot of stuff in these things. Very roomy. And it pulls the boat great. Can hardly tell its even back there. Granted its a really light setup though.

That is our 10x14' Kodiak canvas tent on the top rack. Absolutely love that tent.

I would like to do an inch or 2 of lift on it just for a hair more ground clearance, but they dont really seem to make anything for these. Found a spacer lift thing but not too fond of those. Would like a spring/shock setup but seems im out of luck there.

Picture is taken in my work overflow parking dirt area. Have to wait a few more hours until we can actually head out to the lake. :coffee:

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
no suspension parts for the rav....it's basically a soccer mom rig. BUT....put the spacer lift on, some A/T tires and Give'r! Just be mindful of the stuff hanging below it.

OuterLimits

I control the horizontal and the vertical
2u7nnls.jpg

Heading out to the lake for some camping and fishing for the weekend. Still need to get some next size up AT tires on her. But got her loaded up and boat in tow. Can surprisingly pack a lot of stuff in these things. Very roomy. And it pulls the boat great. Can hardly tell its even back there. Granted its a really light setup though.

I would like to do an inch or 2 of lift on it just for a hair more ground clearance, but they dont really seem to make anything for these. Found a spacer lift thing but not too fond of those. Would like a spring/shock setup but seems im out of luck there.

Proper tires are important when you leave pavement. The rest of the upgrades depend on intended use. I'd slap on some "one size up" all-terrains and take her out to see what additional upgrades are, or aren't, necessary. The RAV might meet your needs as-is. Spend the money saved on camp gear, preventive maintenance, and petrol for outings.

Good to see another CUV out there! Cheers

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
They made a small lift kit for the 3rd gens, but I don't know about 4th gens.

Should serve you well, just watch out for rocks as there isn't any protection to speak of under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy