Handgun, electronics, and other valuable security

tuffy

Observer
The Tuffy Conceal Carry Security Drawers are now available. This super cool, easy to access security drawer is a perfect place to conceal and lock-up important items like handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc.. Models are also in the works for other applications. If you would like to be updated on progress for other models just PM your email and vehicle type and I will keep you updated.

For full details check the Tuffy web site:

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-282-247-tuffy-jk-conceal-carry-security-drawer.aspx

247-01_V_O_P.jpg

247-01_V_C.jpg

keithro

Adventurer
Nice Work, looks like something in my future! Is there any sort of rubber pad in the bottom of the drawer?

tuffy

Observer
Nice Work, looks like something in my future! Is there any sort of rubber pad in the bottom of the drawer?

It doesn't come with a rubber pad on the bottom but we do have vinyl mat or carpet available as an accessory. There is also a 3 digit combo lock that replaces the key lock that a lot of people are ordering with this box so that they can lock their keys in there when they are away from the vehicle.

tuffy

Observer
Will check our FJC today and see if one will work

Just checked the FJCruiser and there is room for an Underseat Drawer like this. Will have to see what other ideas we can come up with besides the FJ Security Console and FJ Security Drawer.

outinthewoods

Adventurer
Got it, and installed it in the JK a few days ago. Perfect fit, excellent build quality!!

It still allows access to your floor drain, and is surprisingly unnoticeable with the doors off.

FAW3

Adventurer
Great product, but too late for my JK as I already added a small lock box up front for special tools & stuff (I'll stay away from any gun related arguements) - but a copy of say your drivers license, a $50.00 bill or a credit card kept here can really save your day after you loose your wallet.

Buy the way, we bought the Tuffy JK rear security cabinet/shelf and love it.

One suggestion: add a option for a better lock. One that you can open without keys or vision, just by feel. A non battery powered push button combo lock is ideal for this application.

I have used this type of gun lock box in my cars/trucks/jeeps for over 15 years: http://www.deansafe.com/vin.html This is a lock that is secure AND can be opened blind by feel alone.

Last edited:

TJ Willy

Adventurer
Hey Jeff... Looking good. I may have to move my Ham base over to under the passenger seat for this.

Another great product from Tuffy.

Talk to you later,
Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk