Hello from Houston, Texas!

LoneRunner

Hello everyone. I hope this is the best place for a newcomer to the forum to reach out and say hello. I'm haling from Houston Texas. I've been active off roading for over a year, and have become extremely active much more so over the past 6 months or so, including volunteering for a state-wide off-road organization. In this region, most are rock crawlers - definitely a great group of people, but I'm hoping to find others (reasonably) close to me with an interest in overland experiences. I've included a photo of "Lone Runner" - my 2013 4Runner Limited.

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

sdmca

Welcome to ExPo, LoneRunner. I'm not in Texas unfortunately, but am sure you'll find some overlanders that are in your area. Beautiful truck, by the way...

WillRunner

Overlander
How's it goiing LoneRunner,

Looks like we're in the same neck of the woods. I'm on the NE side of town. I've also been into Overlanding for quite some time. Your 5th Gen looks awesome! Here's some of my pics...

My old 4th Gen...

...and here's the new truck/project...

Let me know if you want to meet up sometime and talk shop or what not.

Cheers

blkhwk

Observer
Welcome! I'm in the southeast side of Houston close to Clear Lake. I drive a black FJ that's still in transformation to become a capable expedition vehicle. I've also been looking for people to go exploring with. Wife loves the outdoors but loves outdoors with kitchen and queen size bed most of the time! Send me a PM anytime!

jpat30

Adventurer
Welcome; great looking rig you have there. It is always nice to see a fellow SE Texan on the board here. I am not too far from you (down here in Groves) and am always up for meeting up with others who share a similar passion for the outdoors and exploration.

WillRunner

Overlander
We should all meet up sometime soon. I'm planning on going camping in South Padre Island in July and then taking a trip to Big Bend this fall and would love some company.

TheDave

I'm in NW Houston. The wife and I are making the South Padre trip in July with the Tacoma World group. We spent a week in May in Padre island national seashore. Fall sounds good for Big Bend. A meet up would be cool.

heehawhardy

Adventurering
I'm in the Beaumont area as well...WELCOME aboard!

Me and my gf just went to Big Bend 3 weeks ago. It was one amazing experience!

Sempertoy

Explorer
We should all meet up sometime soon. I'm planning on going camping in South Padre Island in July and then taking a trip to Big Bend this fall and would love some company.

Hey keep me in the loop for big bend as well! I haven't been since I was a Boy Scout. I'd like to go as long as it's early fall and not late fall, we are expecting our first in November.

blkhwk

Observer
There's also a trip in the works for Big Bend in December. Mostly FJCruiser's but its open to all.

soonenough

Explorer
Hey LoneRunner, welcome to ExPo! Pretty sure that was you I was driving next to on 290 one evening last week (Tuesday maybe) heading home from work around 7:30. You exited Barker Cypress if I remember right. Love your 4R, really nice looking. I was in a white '08 Tacoma with a camper shell and front/rear bumpers. I live in Cypress off 290 / Fry Rd.

Wildcat

Adventurer
next time yall plan a trip, let me know. i will be there in my old clunker :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner